Who has tried Maca?

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am thinking about trying Maca. Who has used it & did it work?
If it worked for you, how long before you got pregnant?

Thanks!:dust:

Sorry to crash your thread but what exactly is maca? Ive actually never heard of it.

Good luck, God bless, and lots of baby dust :dust:

Maca is a root from Peru. It has a lot of health benefits & one of them is it boosts fertility.
Here is a link: https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

Never heard of it but it sounds similar to agnus castus.

Good luck xx

I've started taking maca, and am hoping it works from next cycle! :)

ecarroll - good luck with Maca! You're supplementing with a lot! Do you have an infertility issues? I am on day 3 of using Maca. I hear lots of good results in terms of energy & mental focus. Sex drive. Do you notice any of these things?

I've been using maca for a few months, to increase my libido (300 mg). It definitely works for that! Since I've been taking it I notice that it's helping my fertility as well...meaning to my hormones seem more balanced now that I'm taking it as opposed to before. I'm going to continue using it - it feels like it's doing something good. I can't say I've gotten pregnant yet while taking it but that's just because of lack of BD at the right times..nothing to do with the maca.

Thanks Zeri! Good to know that it's helping some thing.
I've read some really great threads during my google search of woman who have gotten great results in terms of libido & energy.

Well to update, I do feel energized & my sex drive has increased. So I think it's doing some thing!

I'm 1dpo now so, let's see!!! XO

Great barbikins! Glad it is working for you!! How much are you taking and which brand? I stopped taking in an effort to hold off ovulation as OH got delayed by a week.. Amazingly it has worked!! Body geared up for ovulation but then stopped (no probs with ovulation otherwise, per blood tests so it seems my body has put ovulation on stop thankfully :))) !! Hope it holds off another day!! OH arriving sunday morning! This has been such an interesting month.. Ovulated on day 13 last month as BD'ed on time. This month I stopped all supplements in the hope that ovulation will get delated by a week..amazingly it has worked so far... Wow!

Hold off Ovulation?! What do you mean by this??? How does Maca hold off ovulation? This is curious.....

I am using Vega brand & taking 1 cap in the morning, one in the afternoon.

Hold off Ovulation?! What do you mean by this??? How does Maca hold off ovulation? This is curious.....

I am using Vega brand & taking 1 cap in the morning, one in the afternoon.

Oh no, not at all, I didn't mean maca holds off ovulation. I meant that I have stopped all supplements, including maca, in the hope of delaying ovulation.. luckily it has happened :) delayed it by a week somehow!! OH is here on sunday morning!! i can my OPKs starting to signal imminent ovulation.. hopefully it holds off another day lol!! :)

I can't say it was the Maca, but the first month I took it I got a BFP (lost it at 4 weeks though), our very first EVER BFP (after a year of trying), and 3 months later (continued to take it), I got pregnant again. I was also taking Dong Quai, fish oil, and EPO. Not sure which did it but something worked. I quit that routine after a few failed cycles after the MC though :\ Got discouraged. This month I'm trying soy isoflavones. Good luck!

I can't say it was the Maca, but the first month I took it I got a BFP (lost it at 4 weeks though), our very first EVER BFP (after a year of trying), and 3 months later (continued to take it), I got pregnant again. I was also taking Dong Quai, fish oil, and EPO. Not sure which did it but something worked. I quit that routine after a few failed cycles after the MC though :\ Got discouraged. This month I'm trying soy isoflavones. Good luck!

Oh wow I am so sorry to hear that, so painful :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Was there an indication as to what caused the loss? What could be done different next time? So it seems you were having the right supplements to help with conceiving! Did you stop the maca and other supplements (except for vitamins) once you ovulated to prevent any contractions etc? Oh, did Drs offer progesterone treatment after ovulation to help you keep the baby next time..? Please don't get discouraged.. Fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky!! :hugs: :flower:

I'm so sorry for your loss hun!! I hope the third time is the charm. The good thing is that you can conceive - just have to figure out how to keep from miscarrying.

Ah OK I understand now what you're saying stopping supplements. I would never have thought it would delay your Ovulation. Interesting! Good luck!!!

Here is a recent thread with loads of info about maca

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/1717899-maca-root.html

Hi ladies. I am TTC #2, I am currently taking Maca Nature way Brand, Royal Jelly and will be taking Soy I. CD 3-7. I am waiting for AF to come my way! I have been taking the Maca and RJ now for 5 days, I have noticed a increased in sex drive, and I am having twitching on my right side as if I am ovulating. Very weird.....Nice to see you ladies are trying the Maca. Baby Dust to you all

Hi ladies. I am TTC #2, I am currently taking Maca Nature way Brand, Royal Jelly and will be taking Soy I. CD 3-7. I am waiting for AF to come my way! I have been taking the Maca and RJ now for 5 days, I have noticed a increased in sex drive, and I am having twitching on my right side as if I am ovulating. Very weird.....Nice to see you ladies are trying the Maca. Baby Dust to you all

Hey babydance :hi: what dose of soy will you be taking and what cycle days? What is it helpful for? Also, how many mgs of maca are you taking?
Hope the combination works great for you this cycle and you get you bfp!! Lots of baby dust to you, too! :dust::dust::flower::hugs:

Oh wow I am so sorry to hear that, so painful :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Was there an indication as to what caused the loss? What could be done different next time? So it seems you were having the right supplements to help with conceiving! Did you stop the maca and other supplements (except for vitamins) once you ovulated to prevent any contractions etc? Oh, did Drs offer progesterone treatment after ovulation to help you keep the baby next time..? Please don't get discouraged.. Fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky!! :hugs: :flower:

I just saw this today! Thanks hun :hugs: They don't really know what caused it, but my gut feeling says low progesterone. I stopped the supps that aren't safe after O (maca is one you can safely take throughout pregnancy, but I cut the dose in half once I got my BFP). The Dr. did offer to put me on progesterone as soon as I get a BFP, so that's the plan at this point :) Thanks again! I'm feeling extremely positive about this cycle so we will see what happens in a couple of weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->