Who is doing their own makeup?

Lozzy I think you look gorge in your second pic!!!! which lipgloss do you use?! I love it! x

It's Bourjois Effect 3D in shade 29, been using it for years. I can't find a lipstick I can pull off well.

Those of you treating yourself to some new makeup, what brand(a) are you going for? Are you treating yourself to a 'posh' brand or going to stick to whatever you know (if you don't already use the posh brands, that is)?

I've been looking and I don't know what to go for :wacko: I think I only need some decent primer/foundation/powder because a good base is the best base, right?? :shrug:

Those of you treating yourself to some new makeup, what brand(a) are you going for? Are you treating yourself to a 'posh' brand or going to stick to whatever you know (if you don't already use the posh brands, that is)?

I've been looking and I don't know what to go for :wacko: I think I only need some decent primer/foundation/powder because a good base is the best base, right?? :shrug:

I'm gonna stick with my standard cheapie mascara and eyeliner I think, but go for expensive eyeshadow (MAC) just because they have the best colours and I can't find the exact shades anywhere else. I usually just double up bronzer as eye shadow, but won't for the wedding. Concealer I also use MAC. Powder and foundation I'll probably just try a load but some of the best I've used are the cheapies (Revlon is great). Lipstick I'll go expensive for the quality and colour choice. I'm so pale that I can never use cheap 'natural' lipstick without looking like a Barbie.

I have treated myself to some Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (I love it but makeup is so low on my list of spending priorities right now I never get around to buying it so this is my excuse :haha: )
I definitely think if you're going to spend out foundation/concealer/base etc is where it should go (although i did also buy some nice chanel mascara because I know I'm going to cry and I need something with a hope in hell of staying on. I wore it on my hen do and slept in it and woke up the next day with it still intact after I'd thrown up laying down in the shower and my friend turned the faucet on on me so I know it'll stick!)
However I'm not convinced about spending out on other stuff. I might nick my sisters MAC eye stuff and have a go and report back if my mind is radically changed!

I'm doing my own makeup. I splurged on the naked 1 and 2 palettes by urban decay and one of their build your own palettes with some extra neutral shades in. I love, love, love urban decay stuff and really need to get practising on my makeup ready for july.

Foundation wise, I'm having a complete and utter nightmare as I have really dry skin around my eyebrows and anything I try seems to cling to it :dohh:

So I just spent a fortune on MAC makeup. I feel a little sick right now...

I got some blush and contour stuff, and some eyeshadow. Thank goodness eyeshadows and blush seem to last forever, they had better with the price they cost me!

I got a pink blush for my cheeks, it's very sheer so I think it'll suit my paper white skin and look very subtle. Then I got the same blush in a lighter shade to use very lightly to contour my face. I know it looks really pale but trust me I need it that light!
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/MMCX03_zpsbdcda455.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/MMCX01_zps67a356fc.jpg

I got this shade eyeshadow: https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/M2500E_zps8d9d00a4.jpg

And then this one to shade under my bottom lashes to make my eyes look really round, as eyeliner and mascara is too harsh on my bottom lashes:
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/M25027_zps34b3e39a.jpg
Makes my eyes look rounder, like this: https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/523951_10151424271835541_706216399_n_zps561092c9.jpg

I'm also gonna get Lush mascara, which is meant to be brilliant, and stick to my trusty Collection 2000 liquid eyeliner, but get a waterproof version. That just leaves lips and my skin base, which I'm dreading!

By the way, anyone know of a good tattoo and scar covering makeup?

emyandpotato your eyes are just stunning :cloud9:

I love the colours that you've chosen from Mac, and I definitely think that they'll last you ages so you'll get the worth out of them :)

do you have an idea what you want for your lips? I've been looking into lipsticks, but none sit right on my lips, so I think I'm going with a coral/peach gloss and having a smokey eye makeup :)

Thank you! Though I must admit it's just good lighting. In daylight and bright lights they go really light green and I much prefer them when they're the dark grey that they go in the dark.

Yeah I hope they last a while. I always use MAC concealer and it lasts forever. I don't really know about lips. I need something because in photos my lips always look weird when they're alone, even though most days I just use balm. Definitely something nude though, I wouldn't feel right with dark or red lips, and bright pink isn't for me. Gonna get myself to Selfridges and try quite a few out! Do you have really pale skin too? I find choosing lip colours a total nightmare, they all seem so dark!

I've not got pale skin, but get very dry lips so lipsticks don't sit right on me.

What about trying the revlon just bitten balm stain pencil or a clinique chubby stick? They go on like a balm. Or there's mac tinted lip conditioner to give your lips a sheer wash of colour

Thanks lovely I hadn't thought of something like that! I will definitely have to try them and see what works best.

Emy do you remember the name of the shade you used under your eyes? I have one of the chubby sticks and find it looks pretty much like a balm but with a tiny bit more colour. For my natural lipstick I use the shade 'scoop' from The Balm . It's actually quite pink but when it's on nobody believes that I'm wearing lipstick.

It's called Omega :) Expensive but I have searched literally everywhere for a shade that's perfect for contouring my eyes. Browns and dark greys don't usually suit me so I often make do with a maroon colour but it looks a bit too indie for wedding makeup I think.

I have to share this! Been trying out different primers and they're all meh, even the super expensive ones, but I found an amazing one this morning.... Aloe vera gel! The cheap stuff you get for sunburn. Amazing! Made my skin super smooth and my makeup sat on my face really well. It's meant to be antibacterial too so it stops makeup getting in your pores and causing spots.

I fully intend to do my own make-up, I have no intention of paying for someone to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->