who is in the right?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ollock-throws-fare-dodger-Sam-Main-train.html

Personally I don't believe this kid had the right ticket,otherwise he wouldn't have got abusive..

I agree with the 'big man' taking charge!

Same thing happened on my bus the other night. He got chucked off after the bus driver signalled another driver for help, I don't think the public should get involved cause you are just opening yourself up for people to sue. Although it can get annoying when they stop transport because someone wont pay and they wont get off especially when all you want to do is get home. If the guy didn't have a ticket he should have just paid for one. Seeing as they let you do that on trains. I feel sorry for the guy that might get charged but at the end of the day he was a lot bigger than the boy and could have got him off the train without throwing him off and causing physical harm, that to me seems like a bully trying to look like a hard man.

Dont get me wrong, all i did was read the story, didnt watch the vid so maybe theres more to it im missing. But im pretty sure the conductor would have gotten the guy off in the end or gotten him to pay his fare.

Personaly I dont think the bloke should have got involved, it was not his job or his business and what he did was assult.
He acted like a thug in front of children and nearly nocked that woman off her seat as well. I hope the student gets fined for failing to produce a valide ticket and thr guy gets charged with assult.

The guy shouldn't of sworn and should have got off if he didn't have a valid ticket (although think hes saying that he did have one but they printed two single tickets with the same location on each?). However I don't think the guy that chucks him off the train should of done so so heavyhanded. I would of been frightened by it if I was on the train (especially if Callum would of been on there with me).

I can see why all the people would of been happy to see him get off though as I know myself what its like when people are pains on public transport. One day I was waiting to go home and the bus driver wouldn't move til a kid paid all of his fair as he was 10p short, we were sat there for ages til he eventually just got off! xx

All the men (apart from my DF) work on the railway in my family and I have to say I think he did the right thing. Yes, the conductor is trained in how to handle circumstances like that, but he was getting fed up, the children and other passengers were fed up so the ''big man!(heehee)'' definitley stepped up to do the right thing, IMO. What a little git that ''youth'' was.

All the men (apart from my DF) work on the railway in my family and I have to say I think he did the right thing. Yes, the conductor is trained in how to handle circumstances like that, but he was getting fed up, the children and other passengers were fed up so the ''big man!(heehee)'' definitley stepped up to do the right thing, IMO. What a little git that ''youth'' was.

Problem is assulting someone and leaving them and leaving them bloodied and battered just because your fed up of waiting on them isnt realy the right thing to do, there are plenty of other ways of dealing with the situation.
The student (while im not deffending him) was cleary drunk and got his tickets mixed up (I think it even said in the article he still had his permit to travel when the reporters found him)

again attacking someone in front of children just because your bored of waiting isnt realy the right way to go about getting things done, it only realy shows a "im bigger then you so move aside" type attitude

I don't think he did 'attack' him,yes he manhandled him off the train...but that cut on the boys face looks very fresh for something that prob happened about a few days ago...

I'm with big man. Sick of these pathetic little runts and their vile mouths around my kids. About time the public started keeping them in check. God knows we can't count on the courts.

He didn't attack him though, he just shoved him off the train. He was swearing and holding it up. Doesn't matter if he was drunk or not, his behaviour wasn't on. If asked to remove yourself from a train, that is what you should do.

I dont think he attacked him either

it serves him right IMO :shrug: I very much doubt his "wrong ticket" story & it will maybe teach him a much needed lesson in future

I don't condone violence but there are ways & means of communicating with people & if you get abusive you should expect the same in return tbh

there is far too much pussy footing around with things like this & thats why a lot of youngsters are the way they are today with no respect/no fear of consequences x

Hmmm. No one has the right to touch or manhandle someone else :shrug: The 'big man' isn't a policeman & its not a nice thing for those children to see.

i'd rather amelie hear a word than see someone beig agressive.

He wasn't being aggressive. I thought he looked very calm :shrug: He wasn't rude or angry. Just picked him up and took him off the train. The boy probably injured himself falling because his balance was crap with being drunk. The Train police would have probably took him off in a similar manner.

yes but that man WASNT a train policeman. I'm sorry but you cant just go round pushing people about because you see fit. I hope he is charged with assault.
think peoples opinions would be very different if it was an old man or teenage girl. not fair.

In his defence though...he said to the conductor 'is there a problem?' and the conducter said yes then pointed at the boy...as for barging into people scotrail trains are tiddy :haha: if you are wider than a size 10 you smack into people :haha:

After watching the video the boy was obviously being mouthy and people were getting pissed off. I don't even think they should have stopped the train, they just should have written up a fine and sent it to his house, like they do here. The 'big man' seemed a bit violent and OTT but he probably knew the kid wouldn't get off x

He asked the conductor whether there was a problem, the conductor asked him to get the boy off. Being charged for assault for doing what he thought was best? Hardly seems fair. Why should the other paying customers have to sit and listen to a drunk idiot?

the conductor isnt a judge lol

Then the conducter needs to go do some conflict classes rather then relying on a passanger to do his job, he has the means to call for back up or the train police. Im not sticking up for the student I hope he gets afine for nkt producing a ticket as is the proper way about it. At the of the day though where would we be if everyone manhandled (sorry no matter how you word it that was an assuly) others just because they are bord of waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->