who is on clomid? FS has suggested to me after polyp removal...

sarahincanada

Love my lil miracle
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just wanted some advice. I am having my 'good sized' polyp removed March 22, and my FS had mentioned giving me Clomid after that. I had decided to wait for 3 months after the removal to see if I can conceive on my own, and if not then take it. But Im 39 in October, should I not waste any time and just take it next month?
we are TTC our first, hubby has above average sperm results and all my blood tests were good. It could be just the polyp in the way, or I guess it could be something to do with my eggs too. A big part of me just wants to try completely 'naturally' and another 3 months won't make a huge difference. The other part of me is anxious and wants to do everything I can to get a bfp!
I would love your advice and to hear from those over 35 taking clomid :flower:

I have just finished my 2nd round of Clomid. It's really an easy drug with great benefits. Think of it as "miracle grow" for your eggs. I ovulate normally and DH has a normal count. I had a M/c in September 2010 and MD thought this is a good course for us to make sure we have the healthiest chance possible. I say go for it...you're still going about it "naturally"...just with some "fertilizer" :)

Good Luck in your Decision!

Hiya-I agree to a certain extent with sunshine but just to let you know I have suffered quite badly with side effects-on cycle 2 now and not sure I could handle a third month...There is nothing been found wrong with us and my hubby also had really good SA and just not sure the clomid did anything last month other than make me feel pretty crap!! Of course, may people dont have bad side effects. I would love to know exactly the benefits of unexplained and clomid? x

Hiya-I agree to a certain extent with sunshine but just to let you know I have suffered quite badly with side effects-on cycle 2 now and not sure I could handle a third month...There is nothing been found wrong with us and my hubby also had really good SA and just not sure the clomid did anything last month other than make me feel pretty crap!! Of course, may people dont have bad side effects. I would love to know exactly the benefits of unexplained and clomid? x

I do have to agree with Kitty...yeah you do feel crappy for that week. I had a low grade headache for the entire 5 days...and didn't sleep very well. And the DREAMS...OY VEY! Seriously messed up. Although, I just view it as all for the greater good. If five days of that is going to get me a BFP in three weeks...I'm all for it! I'm on CD 15 now..just waiting for my :winkwink: on my OPK.

And oh Man KITTY! You started right out of the box with cycle 1 of 100mg!! No wonder you felt badly!!! I started at 50mg and went to 100mg now in Feb. I'm with you also in thinking I'm not sure if I want a 3rd round...so hoping this is my month. Last month my DH got called out of town on Sunday, had a :) on the OPK Wed/Thur and he got home Friday. So I think we just missed the window of opportunity. I know I Ov'd as Progesterone was 14.48 when checked.

Babydust to everyone!!!

thanks ladies!
my FS wants me to try naturally for about 4 months after my polyp removal then come and see her.
so the side effects are fever and not sleeping, anything else? I am self employed so I can take off the week that I have to take it, just incase I feel crappy.
wishing you both lots of babydust so you dont have to take it anymore :hugs::dust:

Hi-I have also had hot flushes, feeling VERY emotional and crying a lot and quite depressed-I am not sure if the depression is a general thing with the whole ttc business and am thinking of making an appointment with my GP to have a chat about it. I dont know why I was put straight onto 100mg either-especially seeing as they dont think there is anything 'wrong'?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->