who to trust?

notme

Reaction score
Who do you trust more: great professionals or celebrity professionals? The fact that they're celebrities makes them more trusted?

In what respect?!?

Mother's instinct comes above anyone's advice in my opinion.

I agree with the lady who said about mothers instinct, people can read from a textbook and use other peoples experiences but at the end of the day you know your baby the best and mothers instincts are never wrong :flower:

I don;t trust anybody else. My LO has never been text book his feeding in particular has always been random. Today my Hv told me not to feed him in the night if he wakes. He jardly does it anymore but last night he woke at 3.30 wanting a feed he will not go back to sleep if he doesn;t have a feed and I figure as he doesn;t wake every nigth at the same time it's not a bad habit he;s got into he;s genuinely hungry and I either feed him or we all lay awake for an hour and then I feed him.

Every baby is different, so I trust my own mothers instinct above all :)

Neither. I trust my own instincts, above all. Outsiders only factor in if they have kids who aren't in therapy or on the pole.

I don't trust celebrities, especially Ricki Lake and Jenny McCarthy....LOL

I usually trust my own instincts and then experience of people I really trust like my mom, my sister, etc.

I meant like: if you would trust more Dr Oz(an example) more than a professor at Harvard only because he is a celebrity?

I'd trust a real professional more than a celebrity one...about anything.

Just wanted to point out your thread title combined with you username is quite hilarious! :D

Celebrities have an enormous sway. I clearly recall the 2008 presidential debate. Oprah and Brad Pitt were on team Obama and never missed an opportunity to discuss it.

Jenny McCarthy has (had?) a kid with autism, combined with her celebrity and bang! - instant "professional".

We all need to remember that just because someone is a celebrity, it does not make them any smarter or more informed. Therefore, I trust the actual professionals.

I like that there are celebrity ADVOCATES for causes, but that doesn't mean I would take their advice over, say, Alex's cardiologist.

Celebrities no. But I wouldn't rely on mother's instinct alone, I might know my baby better than anyone else but that doesn't make me a medical professional, I can tell if something is wrong but a doctor can tell me what is wrong, ok I might use my instinct to get a second opinion or push further if I don't trust someone's advise but mother's instinct has to work along side professional advise, it is dangerous how often you hear 'mother's instinct' batted around especially when I think it is sometimes ignorance disguised as mother's instinct.

I would trust someone less because they are a celebrity :haha:

I trust my instincts to a point. Medically i trust a doctor. etc.
I find Dr Christian excellent. Hes a celebrity, i trust what he says but wouldn't get a diagnosis from a tweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->