Who was sent an 8 month check?

T

TashaAndBump

It seems like they are a bit random about this... Anna had one and everyone I know off the forum has been sent one as routine where the nurse comes out to just weigh baby and check on their development etc.

My question is, what area do you live in, and did you have an 8 month check for your LO?

We live in Devon, had a 6 month check up but haven't heard anything about 8 month checks here.

Edit: Got a letter through the post this morning for a "8-12 month developmental review."

i live in northumberland and callum had a 4 month check and has a 1yr check but nothing in between. Nicole had an 8mth check.

from leicestershire and rileys had his 8 month check

I'm from Braintree and hadn't heard about the 8 month check until you wrote about Anna's lol

*Edit- I'll give the docs a call tomo and see if they know anything about it lol We don't get half of our mail so an appointment may have been made and we might have not received it.

I live in Salford/Manchester and we have an 8months check too. They were running behind though and I didn't get the invite until Toby was 10months and it was for the following week. He got a toothbrush, toothpaste a bookstart bag and a couple of books. They checked his eyes, hearing, major and fine motor skills and asked about his general wellbeing. She also gave him a quick examination.

I'm in Angus and Kaya's only ever had the 8 week check. That said I think the HVs keep their distance from us lol.

Seth isnt 8 months yet but we are booked in for one with a HV.

xxx

Olivia has had an 8 month check up, I live in County Durham...

Lorrilou... are they supposed to have a check up at 1 year? Think I might have to speak toHeath Visitor.

x

I live in Swansea, & Jack is booked in for his 4th exam on 12th of Dec, when he will be 7.5mths so I guess that is his 8mths check thats being done early over the Christmas period. I can't wait, as his 6mth check didn't happen - HV didn't turn up 1st appt, & I missed her the 2nd appt:hissy:

Glad I'm not the only one. Think the lady at the doctors thought I was a bit crazy this morning :blush:

I've taken Sam to the clinic to be weighed but he hasn't had an official check since he was 6 weeks x

I live in Nova Scotia Canada and they don't do them here. Doctor said next appointment will be at 12 months, but he said if I had any questions or she got sick or whatever, to make an appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->