Whole milk?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
When did you first introduce it to your LO?

How did you introduce it?

Do they say only after a year because of the nutrients etc in the formula? Just gave maddi a bottle with lunch (she still has normally 4 x 7oz formula bottles) and she seemed to love it. she eats really really well, and seems to get everything she needs, juice, water loads of veg, fruit pasta, fats and calcuim etc so was thinking about giving her a bottle of it a day to get her used to it ready to change after 1 x x

I did it after 1 with Faith but Maddi is only a month away from being 1 anyway so giving her 1 bottle of it a day should be fine I would have thought. She's still getting formula and like you say she has a balanced diet x

I'm going to talk to Hannah's pediatrician about giving her milk early, she's not a big formula drinker though

my HV said if you're BF and get to 10/11 months and things start going a bit pear-shaped giving cows milk doesnt do any harm, saves getting them on formula and changing a couple of months later! at maddi's age i wouldnt worry, cant be too bad introducing it gradually xx

thanks guys, i was worried that she wouldn't take to it at a 1year, so to do it gradually, but i was also worried about harming her with it at this age :dohh: oh i worry so much! x x

We started Elinor on cows milk at 10 months as she was refusing baby formula. She was fine with it. The health visitor was not happy, she was going on about giving them it at 1 yr onwards..but at the end of the day shes my baby and I know whats best for her

:)

:hugs:

i gave all my kids wm on thier breakfast from around 10 mths to get used to the taste then bottles of milk from 12 mths !!

oh yea carly i forgot to say, they say its cos ormula's fortified with so much. but at the end of the day if she's eating well etc, bottle a day isnt bad!

thanks alice, i thought you'd meant to add something as you no maddi is ff :D x x

lol i get distracted so easily!! btw if you're worried about losing out on vitamins, you can get some called abidec (sp?), they come with a squirty thing. i only used them once tho cos katie just spat them out and its orange!!

we have used them too! after maddi was 6months and not eating well cos of gastroenteritis, they do look gross! x

i made the mistake of smelling them...they smell like pregnacare tastes!!

We introduced Landon at a year, Casen at 13mo, Hayden couldn't handle dairy for awhile so we did rice milk at about 14mo and then finally could do dairy at 16-17mo. They say a year because it can also be really hard on their tummies to digest, not just for the nutrients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->