Whooping cough and flu shot side effects - cause for concern?

ecarroll2

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Have any of you experienced this for this length of time? On saturday early morning I had both shots. Saturday night and Sunday whole day - massive migraine, runny nose, glands and neck feel swollen, tonsils too, eyes sensitive to light, the muscles are really sore from the shots. Today, Monday, paracetamol is just not working, splitting headache, feel dizzy, eyes are sooo painful, neck even worse, hurts to turn it, the flu shot place is fine, the whooping cough place is swollen and red, nose stuffy and runny, forehead aches, my eyebrows are really painful, my left ear feels a bit deaf, and i can hear my blood pumping in it lol.. Did you have these side effects? Did they continue on the third day? Is there a reason for concern at all? Thanks x :hugs:

I had mine both at the same time, but other than sore arms I had no side effects so can't really comment. I was warned that the flu jag in particular can make you feel off, but if you are concerned I would give your midwife or GP a call just to be sure x

I've only had the flu jab so far but other than an achey arm I was fine.

I would call your midwife/GP just to check.
Hope you feel better soon x

I've only had flu shot so far as there is a shortage on the whooping cough one due to the US's stupid government shutdown. Anyway, I had soreness in my arm about an hour after the shot, 6 hours after I started to experience extreme fatigue, alternating runny and stuffy nose, mild nausea (which actually might have been morning sickness returning and just a coincidence), and pain in my neck like whiplash. All the symptoms with exception to the fatigue were very mild and gone 6 hours after they started. The arm was sore for about 24 hours.

I had both of mine on Thursday and I still feel rubbish. Sore throat,cough,aches and just generally feeling rubbish. Wish it would go away,this along with low blood pressure and low iron levels I'm exhausted. Get well soon xxxx

I had nothing as far as whooping cough side affects
I denied the flu one because I got the flu for 4 days the ONE time I got it...seriously -.-

Whooping cough one i had 2 weeks ago and just had a sore arm.
Flu one i had 2 days ago and woke in the night last night with achey tingly muscles which was awful and i have a pretty runny nose and headache all day. Could just be coincidence though, the shot isn't live so side effects aren't supposed to be too bad (so i was told anyway)

Hi, a couple of days ago I got the whooping cough vaccination which also has two other vaccinations in this one. At first I felt fine but a couple hours after I started to get a headache and then light sensitivity, light headiness. The following days I have felt like I have a cold, my muscles are aching and a bit weak. Today is four days after the injection and I still have light sensitivity and a bit woozy.

Just wondering if your symptoms have eased up and if so how long did it take for you to feel better?

This has caused me to feel anxious as I am trying to look after my three month old but feeling like this makes it hard to do.

Any inspirational advice would be really helpful :)

Wendy.

Hi, a couple of days ago I got the whooping cough vaccination which also has two other vaccinations in this one. At first I felt fine but a couple hours after I started to get a headache and then light sensitivity, light headiness. The following days I have felt like I have a cold, my muscles are aching and a bit weak. Today is four days after the injection and I still have light sensitivity and a bit woozy.

Just wondering if your symptoms have eased up and if so how long did it take for you to feel better?

This has caused me to feel anxious as I am trying to look after my three month old but feeling like this makes it hard to do.

Any inspirational advice would be really helpful :)

Wendy.

Hey Wendy, my symptoms eased off after 4 days, but my headaches kept coming back for weeks... Things do get better, and there were no lasting side effects in my case :hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->