Whooping cough vaccine, pic included!

sarah1980

Reaction score
So this is my whooping cough injection site today, 6 days since I had it done. It's sore and hot but I don't feel unwell in myself. We are due to fly to France on Sunday and I'm considering calling my GP as if hate to go and then find out it's infected or something! Any advice would be helpful, I always feel I overact a bit and don't want to call the doctors unless I have to!

Sarah xxx

IMG_2239.jpg

looks sore
keep an eye on it and call the docs if your worried

Ouch, that doesn't look good! My arm didn't even go red where I had mine :-/ I wonder if you've had a reaction to the injection, I'd personally be along to the docs to double check! Have you ever reacted like that to a vaccine before? That's def not a normal reaction plus you are due to go away, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to get it checked!

Thanks guys, I think it's starting to go down now, thankfully! If it's still the same in the morning I'll call the doc.

Sarah xxx

Mine went a bit like that, a big red blotch, about 2 days after. It felt like I'd been punched in the arm by Mike Tyson for a good few days. I've never had a reaction like it, but after the redness faded fairly fast and the pain had finally gone by about Day 5. Worth giving the GP a call, they may just say over the phone that it's a normal, but rare reaction.

If it's still looking sore like that tomorrow I'd get an appt with your GP to see if they'd give you anticipatory antibiotics to take with you just in case it becomes troublesome while you're away. For now though I'd keep a cold compress on it to try and reduce the swelling and redness.

With my first pregnancy mine was like a red hard lump/egg on my arm! Not quite as big as that but still sore and went down after a week or so. This pregnancy i didn't have anything there afterwards! I'd get it checked if it doesn't go down.

Mine did this the first time I had it in my first pregnancy .. hurt awfully bad. it cleared up about 8 days after! I never had any other side effects, just the local reaction and I've not had any other problems since even after having it again in my next pregnancy!

Thanks everyone! It's all but gone today thankfully!

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->