Who's opinion do you value the most...DH or DD ?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
So my little 5yr old daughter loves the name Jude. Her faces lights up when she hears it & she really wants to call her little baby brother Jude. But the hubby hates it!

He on the other hand loves the name Saul...but DD hates it!

Personally I prefer Jude to Saul, but who's opinion should I value the most DH or DD.

Ps he named our DD

I would definitely value DH's opinion more as he contributed to making the baby. That being said, did you mention he named DD because you didn't particularly like her name but let him choose or you both agreed on the name?

Definitely DH. It's his baby after all. I think it's lovely if older siblings can have input into the name but ultimately, to me, it has to be the parents deciding. Picking a name is a big responsibility after all.

DH for sure, your DD's taste will change a million times over as she grows up and might not always like the name.

That said I like Jude much better than Saul, and if your DH had more say in naming your daughter then I might use that combined with your DD's preference as leverage. ;)

I'm kinda diggin' Saul over Jude even though Jude was a name I considered.

He digs his heels in about every name I suggest & only wants Saul cause it's Hebrew for Paul - his name. Our daughter is Molly, named after his granny. I wanted to call DD Sofia, but he got his Molly.

He keeps saying Jude is a stupid name & the baby will be Saul.

I know the baby is half his, but he is yet to make me a cup of tea this entire pregnancy & I know when the baby is born he won't change a nappy!

He digs his heels in about every name I suggest & only wants Saul cause it's Hebrew for Paul - his name. Our daughter is Molly, named after his granny. I wanted to call DD Sofia, but he got his Molly.

I know the baby is half his, but he is yet to make me a cup of tea this entire pregnancy & I know when the baby is born he won't change a nappy!

Well that changes everything. I'd push for Jude if you like that better & tell him it's your turn to choose because he picked Molly & you are carrying his child - the least he can do is make you a cup of tea ☕️

DH's opinion.
Although I do prefer the name Jude :)

You both need to agree on something. If he really doesn't like Jude then he needs to consider something else you've suggested. He can't just stubbornly decide on one name and one name only if you're not into it.

I would say DH, DD desperately wants to name our baby Batman so I might be a bit jaded on it. But if my DH wasn't helping and wanted the baby essentially named after him then I'd definitely side with DD more. Unless she was still voting for Batman

I would say DH, DD desperately wants to name our baby Batman so I might be a bit jaded on it. But if my DH wasn't helping and wanted the baby essentially named after him then I'd definitely side with DD more. Unless she was still voting for Batman

Batman :haha: my DS wants to call our baby Paw Patrol :blush:

Gotta love kids :haha: I've told DD she can call him batman as a nickname (though I'm hoping she won't) but we can't NAME the baby batman!

Gotta love kids :haha: I've told DD she can call him batman as a nickname (though I'm hoping she won't) but we can't NAME the baby batman!

Sounds like a fair compromise to me :haha:

DS chose our daughter's name., but only because we both really liked the name he chose. In your situation I'd be looking for a new name that you all like.

Ok, I still think it's a decision for you and DH to make together. BUT I would absolutely veto Saul under the circumstances. First off, I find it pretty strange for DH himself suggesting the baby should be named after him. But more importantly, Paul and Saul just sounds a bit silly for a father and son. Surely it's your turn to pick a name anyway!

The opinion I would consider most is your own. That's just how I feel with all name squabbles, the one actually carrying the child has a bigger say. You prefer Jude to Saul and he already got to choose a name. DD on your side gives you an extra vote in my book! Maybe Saul could be the middle name. I kind of like how it sounds, Jude Saul.

Is he just vetoing it because he wants Saul? My husband was doing that for awhile because of a name he wanted that I just won't have. I told him point blank it wasn't going to happen and if he didn't start opening up to other possibilities he wasn't going to get a say at all. He changed his tune once he realized I was serious and now he's honest about if he truly dislikes a name or not.

The opinion I would consider most is your own. That's just how I feel with all name squabbles, the one actually carrying the child has a bigger say. You prefer Jude to Saul and he already got to choose a name. DD on your side gives you an extra vote in my book! Maybe Saul could be the middle name. I kind of like how it sounds, Jude Saul.

Is he just vetoing it because he wants Saul? My husband was doing that for awhile because of a name he wanted that I just won't have. I told him point blank it wasn't going to happen and if he didn't start opening up to other possibilities he wasn't going to get a say at all. He changed his tune once he realized I was serious and now he's honest about if he truly dislikes a name or not.

Weebles my OH was the same. While TTC he only liked the name Lane for a boy which I didn't mind but it wasn't 'the one' in my opinion. I started saying other names and every one was met with a quick NO. After a while I started realising it wasn't that he didn't necessarily like those names, he just wanted Lane. Well fast forward to me being pregnant and feeling like shit for the last 10 weeks and I told him I really love the name Silas and I could picture another son being called that (if it's a boy). He said no so I said 'you know what?' 'You got to name our first born (Taj was his favourite and it was my 3rd favourite so I compromised) and I am the one carrying and going through labor as well as feeling like crap in the process so too bad'..then I cracked my whip. Ok, I didn't really but I may as well have :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->