whos the father?

nicole12

Reaction score
soo.. im around 5-6weeks pregnant my LMP was 27th september 2013 my august period was the 26th i dont have a clue what my average cycles will be? i had sex unprotected on the 11th october with one guy and again on the 15th october im not sure when i ovulated or conceived HELP!

With that short of a gap between encounters you won't be able to tell until baby is born and you have a DNA test.

My guess would be u conceived on 11th October but I cant say for sure x

I agree with Celesse, the gap is too short for anybody to say for sure! Even if you knew when you ovulated and conceived EXACTLY, you can't know when implantation took place, plus ultrasounds can be a week out either way, and change slightly from scan to scan. The only way will be a DNA test. I'd recommend being completely honest with both men that they may or may not be the father to your baby, and get a test ASAP after baby is born, before you allow either to bond.

I hope everything goes well for you, and congratulations on your pregnancy xxxxxxxxx :hugs:

yesss thats what i was considering when the baby is born. does anybody know when u can get pregnant soon as you find clear jelly mucas how long is it fertile for?x

It could be either or both(if two eggs fell). Male sperm are faster than female sperm, but die quickly. Female sperm are slow but stronger, they can live 5 days in the vagina! Male sperm a 1-2day lifespan.

You can do a DNA test during the pregnancy as well. Either with a puncture where they collect fluid from the womb or a sample of the placenta. There is a small risk this procedure might lead to a miscarriage. You can also have a blood test done, which does not have any risks, but which is more expensive.
I think it's best you inform the possible fathers as soon as possible about your pregnancy and that you have a test done as soon as you can.

i aint risking my baby for either so im waiting until the baby is born soon as i will get a dna!thanks :) x

I would try to have a test to confirm the father as soon as possible. Two reasons- you'll want to genetic history of the father for health reasons for the baby -and if you are hoping that the father will participate and support you they may be reluctant under the circumstances unless you can prove paternity. Good luck

yes inkow it doees play on my mind everyday iits a horrible feeling but i do not want pre natal dna as it can lead to miscarriage. i would rather wait.xxx

I used to be a pregnancy counselor and educator and I was asked this question all of the time. As other women have said, with a gap that short and not knowing your ovulation, there is no way to know until you get a test. Good luck.

Go on jeremy kyle you will get a free dna test lol

I would try to have a test to confirm the father as soon as possible. Two reasons- you'll want to genetic history of the father for health reasons for the baby -and if you are hoping that the father will participate and support you they may be reluctant under the circumstances unless you can prove paternity. Good luck

She won't get the genetic history of the father unless he's willing to tell her. I'd have loved to known if there was anything with my OH's family, but since he was adopted we know nothing. Your making it sound like that because she doesn't have this information that there may be problems with the baby. I had my 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and everything came back normal, and a lot of physical handicaps are picked up then. There is no guarantee that they have missed something, or it may be mentally handicapped in any child regardless of the parents genetic history.

nicole I would wait until the baby is born for a DNA test. I know you'd love to find out tomorrow, but you can't. But as you said although the risk is low, there is still a risk and that you'd rather not take.

She won't get the genetic history of the father unless he's willing to tell her. I'd have loved to known if there was anything with my OH's family, but since he was adopted we know nothing. Your making it sound like that because she doesn't have this information that there may be problems with the baby. I had my 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and everything came back normal, and a lot of physical handicaps are picked up then. There is no guarantee that they have missed something, or it may be mentally handicapped in any child regardless of the parents genetic history.

nicole I would wait until the baby is born for a DNA test. I know you'd love to find out tomorrow, but you can't. But as you said although the risk is low, there is still a risk and that you'd rather not take.

That's not at all what I am trying to make it sound like mummy2o and I'm not sure why you think that's what I meant? Let me clarify as you seem to have taken my comment personally based on your own experience which wasn't intended.

If she can determine the father then perhaps he would be more likely to participate in this pregnancy and provide some medical history which is gathered by most doctors at the time pregnancy is determined. Doctor's like this information as it gives them some stronger directions to go regarding prenatal testing they'd recommend (if nicole chooses to do so).

There are some medical conditions that if determined existed on either parents side they can keep a better eye out for which is completely normal. A doctor or mother wanting her partner's medical history doesn't imply an unhealthy baby it's proactive and healthy when an option. There are obviously cases where this is impossible such as yours but we don't know that to be nicole's case. Either way it sounds like she'd rather go it alone which is her prerogative. Healthy babies are born everyday with minimal testing and medical history it's just part of what doctor's like to try to do if possible to improve their effectiveness when taking on a patient in my experience.

:nope: you are going to have to tell both men though, and hope people try and understand.
other than that..... welcome o baby and bump :hugs:

Congratulations on your pregnancy Nicole! And welcome to the forums.
It is a difficult position to be in and it would play on my mind too, my suggestion of how I might deal with it would be to just keep focusing on your bumpkin and how it is developing and how you can look after yourself health wise etc and remember how wonderful it will be to hold your baby in your arms, no matter who the daddy turns out to be.

I wanted to point out that Eline also suggested the blood test to find out the father, if you could manage to get the money together for that, things might feel a lot easier so the true father can become involved earlier. But I understand if this isn't an option for you, I'm a student on a budget! Just wanted to make sure you saw that was an option.

All the best to you and happy and healthy pregnancy <3

thankyou im getting a dna at the end of it all im concentrating on my baby as long as its got me and my family who cares :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->