Why aint I being sick yet?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Im confused and convinced my little babba looba has gone :(
I went to the docs yesterday and they confirmed I was 5 weeks along. The only symptoms I have are heartburn, tiredness, breast pain, pelvic pain *thinks* ... gas.... lol. And SOMETIMES nausea, I also have hot flushes too but why aint I being sick?

Not everyone will get morning sickness, sometimes it jsut takes untill there is enough buildup of hormones before it hits you!

Relax and count yourself lucky not to have it yet!

Arcanegirl said:
Not everyone will get morning sickness, sometimes it just takes untill there is enough buildup of hormones before it hits you!

Relax and count yourself lucky not to have it yet!
Im convinced something is going to go wrong :( When I had the confirmation yesterday at the doctors, she gave me the test that they used to confirm it so I can take it to my family GP on thursday- when I looked at the test this morning the second blue line was hardly there, granted that I had actually been for a pee 15 minutes before taking the test but Im still worried something is wrong and that my baby has gone :(

Tests always fade after a few hours when they dry out, If youre really worried go take a new test :hugs:

Arcanegirl said:
Tests always fade after a few hours when they dry out, If youre really worried go take a new test :hugs:
I have had 5 positives. Surely if something had happened to the baby, I would have known about it?

I haven't been sick at all. Had a few days of feeling a bit green and maybe retched a little a couple of times, but that's the closest I got. I think the gas is definitely a good symptom, I seem to have bloomin loads of it since I got PG . :lol: Apparently, it's cos your body is storing food in your stomach longer in order to feed the little one on demand.

Anyway, you have loads of other symptoms, I wouldn't worry too much (impossible to say, I know). I always worry on days when I don't feel odd in someway or my bump doesn't look bigger.

Helen said:
I haven't been sick at all. Had a few days of feeling a bit green and maybe retched a little a couple of times, but that's the closest I got. I think the gas is definitely a good symptom, I seem to have bloomin loads of it since I got PG . :lol: Apparently, it's cos your body is storing food in your stomach longer in order to feed the little one on demand.

Anyway, you have loads of other symptoms, I wouldn't worry too much (impossible to say, I know). I always worry on days when I don't feel odd in someway or my bump doesn't look bigger.
But youre 16 weeks along, Im only 5. I guess what started me off was when I looked at the test that the doctor gave me to take home with me- I mean I took it 24 hours ago and it wasnt that dark to begin with because like I said, I couldnt hold my morning pee so I HAD to go to the toilet within 15 minutes of seeing the doctor, so the pee that was used to test was (i'll call it) 'pregnancy pee' The doc even mentioned something about my morning urine! I guess Im just panickin. I mean I Have the other 4 tests in my bag and they are still as dark as the day I took them. I really wanna take another test but I cant afford to keep paying those stupid, ridiculous prices and Im seeing my GP on thursdsay also, trouble is, I dont think I can wait much longer as I am seriously stressing out. :(
Is this normal?

As long as youre not bleeding and you arent in pain then its very unlikely anything is wrong

Arcanegirl said:
As long as youre not bleeding and you arent in pain then its very unlikely anything is wrong

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I freak myself out sometimes with the worry and that's the only thing that calms me down. As long as I'm not bleeding then things must be ok.

I had the opposite reaction with the whole testing thing. Cos we'd never had a positive before and I must have spent an arm and a leg on negative tests over the years, I haven't dared do another one other than the one they did at the hospital. I can understand why you want to keep testing though, it all seems so unreal doesn't it?

I read this bit in a book the other day that said "you think you are worrying about your little one now.... wait till it arrives, it gets worse!" :lol: It's hard to imagine worrying even more than you do now, isn't it? :hugs:

Helen said:
Arcanegirl said:

I read this bit in a book the other day that said "you think you are worrying about your little one now.... wait till it arrives, it gets worse!" :lol: It's hard to imagine worrying even more than you do now, isn't it? :hugs:
I have always said that when I have a baby that I will panick no end. I just know I will be standing over the cot making sure he/she is breathing.
I took another test anyway, it was very dark. Darkest test so far, so I think Im ok for now. Just got to survive tomorrow and then thursday I face my family GP who looks like Mr Bean LOL. How can ANYONE take a DR seriously when he looks like that????

Louise said:
I took another test anyway, it was very dark. Darkest test so far,

Phew :hugs: Ya see! Good luck tomorrow with Mr Bean :hugs:

Please try not to worry. I know its easier said than. With my first pregnancy I had sore boobs and was really tired but I wasn't sick nad never even felt sick. With second pregnancy I felt slightly queasy which mde me wonder if I was pg and felt slight nausea until about 8-10 weeks but again was never sick and these were onky symptoms. This time I went off coffee completely b4 Iwas even overdue af and again slight nausea but again never actually sick. So you see not everyonr has there head down toilet. TBH I'm feel lucky as I hate being sick but it does make worry more.

Helen said:
Louise said:
I took another test anyway, it was very dark. Darkest test so far,

Phew :hugs: Ya see! Good luck tomorrow with Mr Bean :hugs:
Thursday..... lol

Seriously, he is a dead ringer accept he is also a cross between bean and Barry Evans who was in east enders. It's not good. Plus the fact I cant understand him which is never a good thing, especially if he wants to give me an anal exam lol.
Ok, WAAAAAY too much info.

(Note: he mistakenly gave me an anal exam in the passed) I MISS HEARD something he asked me and answered with a "sure go ahead" LOL. :hugs:

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
Please try not to worry. I know its easier said than. With my first pregnancy I had sore boobs and was really tired but I wasn't sick nad never even felt sick. With second pregnancy I felt slightly queasy which mde me wonder if I was pg and felt slight nausea until about 8-10 weeks but again was never sick and these were onky symptoms. This time I went off coffee completely b4 Iwas even overdue af and again slight nausea but again never actually sick. So you see not everyonr has there head down toilet. TBH I'm feel lucky as I hate being sick but it does make worry more.
I shouldn't be complaining I know, especially since my only phobia is vomit, whether it be me or someone else vomitting I go into a fit and have panick attacks to a point where I cant breath properly. But yes, it has made me wonder why I havent been sick yet!
I had awful backache earlier though which has thankfully passed, plus pelvis pain and slight pains in the ovaries, but according to the doctor I saw yesterday, due to a womans body being like clockwork, the first few weeks need to adjust to not having a period which is why you still get the cramping. Still, Im worrying.... You cant help it.
You sounded as though you had some easy pregnancies, does that apply to labour too? I have requested an 'elected C-section'- I hadn't even heard of one before until doctor told me about it yesterday!

Oh I remember the pelvic pains I was crippled with when pg with no 1 ds. I hadn't had bfp at that time and convinced there was something wrong. I remeber with this one I was only just overdue af and was driving home and sneezed and the pelvic pain omg :rofl: (well can now I have the bump,was a bit waorried at the time). I had 2 really easy pg with dd and ds (ds born 36 wks dd at38wks) and worked up to birth. Unfortunately this time I have got spd and am now on crutches am still hoping to work upto 38 wks altough pain not good today. Take each day as it comes. Am cutting back on hours next week as get tired at end of day. You are not alone with the vomit phobia i'm the same. If one of lo is sick i disappear v quickly and leave dh to deal with it. Good luck with the rest of your pg I am going to push (pardon expression) for a c secton this time as I don't think I can cope natural with spd.

Please try and relax, harder said than done I know :lol:

I'm sure all is fine, I have had no sickness whatsoever and my boobs were only sore for a week or two around 6 weeks other than that they're just a little bigger and not at all tender. Apart from a bump I don't feel at all Pg.
You may be one of the "lucky" ones too.

Cx

MrsE said:
Please try and relax, harder said than done I know :lol:

I'm sure all is fine, I have had no sickness whatsoever and my boobs were only sore for a week or two around 6 weeks other than that they're just a little bigger and not at all tender. Apart from a bump I don't feel at all Pg.
You may be one of the "lucky" ones too.

Cx
Thanks for the reassurance :)
I guess I just expected to be the typical pregnant woman and spew up every morning. That was one thing I had always been afraid of so I was fully prepearng myself for it.
Im going to see my doctor tomorrow anyway, I'm sure I will talk his ear off in regards to my worries. He must hate it when he see's my name in his paitent notes lol.
Thanks once again, though Im still kinda panicking.

Hi there, my morning sickness didnt come in till week six then I knew about it, and wished it would bugger back off LOL enjoy it why you can, cos when I was preg with DD the sickness came at week 7 and didnt go away till she was born.

With this preg it came like I said week 6 -13weeks and now its just on and off.

:D Relax enjoy and remember this thread when you have sickness and hate it.

Cat
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"