Why am I feeling panicky and emotional!?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
Im 37wks with my second baby an sometimes I feel excited about giving birth but most of the time like right now I feel so panicky and want to cry :( my first birth was fine it was 10hrs 15, natural an with no complications. Now everything, even thought of the labour ward is making me so panicky and nervous :( I don't get why :(

I could have wrote this post! I saw my friends newborn today and instead of it making me excited all I felt was dread :( not so much about giving birth but all the work of breastfeeding, recovering, feeling disoriented....all with a 3 year old in tow. It didn't help that my daughter refused to even look at the newborn because it freaked her out for some reason. I used to be so excited ... I want those feelings back!

I sometimes think I fear it more because I know what's coming.

My labour and birth was fine. No complications but I'm 11 years older this time and I freak out thinking about what if I can't do it.

Maybe subconsciously you're worried about something similar?

Not wanting the pain?

I know as I get closer I seem to be more wimpy about going into labour

I echo what above poster says, I think it's worse because you know what's coming! I'm more nervous this time, especially as I have my little boy already, it's that fear of, what if something bad happens, it's not just you anymore when you have a second or more child

I agree with the previous women! First time, ignorance was bliss. Now we know what labor is like... Work! And the care of a newborn, the recovery, the breastfeeding..... I think we just are trying to wrap our minds around doing all that again. But with another child to care for. We will all be fine though, it's just seems overwhelming. :)

Hi ladies, yeh I think its because I know what's coming. I was lucky last time in a sense that I had a relatively quick labour, it was uncomplicated an my 18 month old is happy and healthy. Im not worried about looking after a toddler an a new born. Im worried about labour! I have it in my head that I will be in labour for hours an hours an things will go wrong, I will need a c-section, my daughter will be poorly etc etc the list goes on. Then of course there is the pain. I don't like not knowing when labour is going to start! I don't like having to make the 30 min journey in the car.. I dread getting there an them telling me im 3cms dilated or summit. Im being stupid :(

I wish all of us the best of luck. Im sure it won't be as bad as we are making out! Xxx

Perfectly natural feelings, it's something we have little to no control over which I think adds to the whole fear too, that and as the other ladies have said we know what's coming when it's our second or more child! Just keep focusing on the good points, like meeting your baby for the first time, the first time it meets its sibling etc and before you know it baby will be here and you'll wonder why you were ever worried in the first place :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->