Why am I so bloated??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Munchkin30, May 29, 2013.

1. Munchkin30

Munchkin30 1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!

Hey all,

I'm 6 weeks today and I can barely do my jeans up :( even my underwear feels tight. I know my uterus is nowhere near making me 'show' yet so why am I so bloated??

I'm drinking loads of water so I shouldn't have water retention, I'm not currently constipated so what the heck is it??

Grrrr.

Xx

2. cazfay

cazfay BFP 11 April 2013

Munchkin I don't know why but I can sympathize! My tummy is so bloated today it feels like I could pop it with a pin like a balloon! I've suddenly felt my clothes are all too tight & I seem to have piled weight on overnight! Maybe constipated?

3. wavescrash

wavescrash Mom to 3 girls.

My last pregnancy (2nd pregnancy if you don't count my m/c & chemical) I was so bloated in the first several weeks. It was beyond ridiculous. I remember constantly taking comparison pictures (to put up next to my "pre-pregnancy" picture) & going on and on about how I wasn't going to be able to hide my pregnancy until 12 weeks along.

No idea why I was so bloated but you're definitely not alone!

4. Lucy529

Lucy529 Proud Mommy

Your def not alone am only 7.4 weeks and some days I have to wear maternity as am so bloated my clothes are way tight try to wear what comfortable I read that its from the hormones might be just air ?

5. lw0619

lw0619 Well-Known Member

right there with you ladies. I have a bit of a midsection as it is and i cant even suck it in anymore!! i just keep wearing light weight jackets and black tops to try to conceal. im no longer buttoning my pants :blush: i feel so completely bloated and pressure-like... just ridiculous.

6. Lucy529

Lucy529 Proud Mommy

Lw0619 I have been trying to keep it quiet too but gets harder and harder am over weight as it is had just gotten to a size 8/10 those went away pretty fast am back at 12/14 even those can be uncomfy I want a proper bump that would make me feel better lol

Congrats by the way ladies :)

7. Bonnie11

Bonnie11 Where's the Stork?

I'm afraid it's just progesterone! It slows your digestion right down so I'm afraid there is just not that much you can do about the bloat! Mine was worst about 6-9weeks and then it settled a bit but I still get bloated by the end of the day now. X