why are my opk always positive?

nik25

Reaction score
I started testing on cd6 and got a positive then and have had a very strong postives every since!! Why are they always positive? somone told me possibly pcos. If so , is there anything to fix it? thanks so much!!

Hi, I have PCOS but I haven't had positives, I did read that it can cause positive results, but that hasn't been the case for me, I've had two lines but not positive ones. hope this helps xx

I have PCOS and I too have been getting positives but I know I'm not ovulating anymore nor am I pregnant yet.

yup pcos can cause false surges and/or high levels. you can order less sensitive opk tests online which need a hghr level of LH to turn, that would help you see your surge but confirm with temps etc too x

I have PCOS and yes I always have positive OPK's ... only thing that has changed it for me is fertility medication. Which is essentially synthetic hormones to trick your body.

Are u sure they're positives and not just two lines? With opk's they have to be the same shade or darker then the test line..? just a thought.. Good Luck? Maybe u could try a pregnancy test too to rule out pregnancy.

these are my test the top one is my opk (all of them are this bright) and the rest are my hpt (one each morning) the last one has an evap (it was after 10 min.) what do you think?
P8090155.jpg

Hmmm that opk does look pretty much positive. I looked at ur ov chart and last month u had no problems with opks and confirmed ov. I don't have any personal experience with pcos so i can't offer u advice as to that. I noticed ur ticker says u have been ttc a while have u gone to the dr? Maybe now would be a good time to get some blood work and other testing... Good luck, keep us updated.

Thank you so much! I have a dr appt for sept 1 and I called my dr so she should get back w me today.

With pcos..you can have hi LH surges and low ones..some months can be normal some months can have strong and other months low all the way through the month. that is a really strong ovulation test. what day are you in your cycle? thats also a pretty strong evap as well...could be that you are infact pregnant. have you tried testing with a frer? good luck =)

thanks for answering! My Dr. got back with me and wants me to come in tomorrow for a progest. test. I'm currently on cd 21 and my opks are still way darker than control line. I will let you know what she says. I wish that was my bfp, but i'm pretty sure its just a bad evap. I'll post a pic of new test in the A.M You girls are the best and make me feel so much better! :) hugs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->