Why are my tests so random?!

hanni

Reaction score
First time OPK user here. Is it normal for tests to be this randomly dark and then light?

Attachments

• IMG_20140402_181926.jpg
    IMG_20140402_181926.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
Yes! Your body can have several surges before the actual surge that causes ovulation! That's why, personally, I will test 2 times a day from CD10 until it starts to get darker then I will test up to 3x in a day as it can be a surge lasting as little as 4 hours [I've tested at 7am and had a faint line, tested again at noon, had a blaring positive then tested again at 6pm and it's back to negative :dohh:]
Do you have fairly regular cycles? If so, I would test more around when you think you'll ovulate just so you can get a better picture. Also, if you can, temp as well. That is a for sure indicator of when you will ovulate.
Sorry for the overload of info - I'd like to fancy myself an OPK/ovulation trackin' expert :haha: :blush:

Good luck and sticky dust [ps so sorry for your loss :hugs:]

I totally appreciate your info overload! The more I can learn the better.
Thank you for your advice.
I'd heard people start from cd but just wanted to be certain this month due to it being my first cycle after a MC, I thought it might have been all over the place. I normally have pretty regular cycles though.
I was thinking about starting to temp next month if this cycle is unsuccessful.

I'm sorry for your losses & congratulations on your rainbow baby x

Normal! Here are mine from this cycle so far. Some get dark, then lighter, then darker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 17
Thank you.
When do your tests start getting darker before you ovulate? According to apps and stuff I'm going to ovulate tomorrow yet they're not getting any darker?
I really am a total opk newbie 😖

It's different for a lot of people. Sometimes a day of two before, I'll see it progressively getting darker. Sometimes in the morning I'll take one, it will be super negative, then in the afternoon I take another and it's blaring positive. They're frustrating sometimes!

Oh dammit I think I've missed it :( my cervix was open yesterday and now it's closed. Haven't bd'd at all. Is it possible to ovulate and them just not turn positive?
Sorry for being a pest haha. 😯

Oh dammit I think I've missed it :( my cervix was open yesterday and now it's closed. Haven't bd'd at all. Is it possible to ovulate and them just not turn positive?
Sorry for being a pest haha. 😯

I'm sure it would be possible but I don't think it's likely. What cycle day are you? Keep testing. Don't pay too much attention to your cervix, that changes all the time too.

CD 14. Gunna try not to stress too much about it and just see what this month brings.
Thank you so much for you help :)

I think I ovulated last night, didn't get a chance to test as Id left my last few tests in my bag at my mother's (oops!) but when I did it was the darkest it's been yet and they've gotten lighter since. I also felt some cramping.
Have you had any luck yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->