Why are taxi's so bl00dy expensive?!

LuckyYem

mum to 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Grrrrr trying to book a taxi to my friends wedding reception tomorrow night, and for a 10min drive £20 each way! I'm not a big drinker, but we would both like to be able to have a couple of drinks, not get blotto as we have a baby and a toddler to look after the next day! There are no buses run to where isbeing held so thats not an option! Sorry for the rant its just so annoying!

Where abouts are you?? I'm in London and that sounds outrageous! I use WWW.anycabs.co.UK to get a quote and book online but don't think its outside of London area.

Oh my god, £40?! Taxi's are crazy expensive down that way, always found the same when I was in Plymouth. Now ive moved up to Sunderland there's a massive difference in price, so much cheaper here. No idea why though when the running cost for the taxi's themselves are generally the same up and down the county.

Sounds like you are being ripped off have you phoned around different companies? it would cost about £7 here for a 10 min taxi journey, which i think is quite cheap seeing as petrol cost's have yet again gone up which is why taxi fares and bus fares have risen too.

We're in Oxford. I know it's only a 10min drive as I used to live in the village the reception is being held in and I have moved back to where I grew up. I thought the first company I rang was trying to rip me off so I rang 3 more and it's still the same price and they don't give discount for return!:haha:

We haven't used a taxi for years either. It will only be our 3rd night out since Valentines day 2009. As its a friends wedding we thought it would be nice to have a couple of drinks and relax. Spoke to dh and he said even though its a massive rip off book it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->