Why cant he just be ready now?!

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Gah! :hissy:
Im having an "annoyed with husband" day today! The main theme of this day is "why cant he just be ready now?!" seriously! We'd be at least 26 and 27 by the time we had a :baby: if we started ttc now. We are married, have been together 8 years, own our own house, have decent jobs. And i am ready! I am fed up of spending our nights in watchin telly, and our weekends painting the house, i am fed up of brainlessly goin to the pub! I want a baby, and he seems perfectly fine living the same life we were living at 17 years old! Well, im sorry if i want something more than that- we've been doing that for the past 8 years!!!

Of course he says he's looking forward to us having kids "some day". But why not now? What else do we need to do/experience? Sorry, i know you cant answer that for him, and its him that i need to be asking, but im never satisfied with his answers! lol

Anyway, feel free to use this thread to vent! :hissy::hissy::hissy:

Aw hun :hugs:

I'm having the same kind of day, just been watching Will & Grace and they decided to have a baby together and they were speaking about what kind of parents they'd be. I was getting all teary watching it whilst OH is next door playing on his xbox 360 :(

grr

Have you sat him down and spoke to him about this? I have done this and it makes things so much easier to deal with, knowing where you stand in this :(

xxx

Awww hun sorry you are having a bad day, we all get them :hugs:
Best thign to do is talk to him, and tell him how u feel, make sure there is no tv on or games consoles and that he has your full attention, maybe offer him a bit of :sex: that gets their attention lol

Good Luck :) x

:hugs:

If I knew the answer to your problem, I'd have a few of my own by now...Sorry he's such a pain...seems to be the "man" thing to do:cry:

aww :hug: it's so frustrating! They do change their mind at some point (well mine did!) but in the mean time it's so annoying! I think the only thing to do is have an honest conversation with him, tell him how you are feeling and at least ask him to give an idea of when you can start trying.

It's so awful when you just feel ready and the feeling's not mutual! You just wanna bang them over the head and make them see sense!! ha! x

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Awww hun, fustrating to say the least. I dont really know what to say. I definatley think you are ready from what you have said. Maybe give it a couple of days and then slip something out! haha :muaha:

x

:hug::hug::hug: i would sit down and have a good heart to heart honey x x

Well, we had the heart to heart- again! And he has made some sort of improvement. Before he was saying "Lets see how we feel after the holiday" last night he said "Lets actually start trying after the holiday" not maybe, not wait and see- we actually will start trying after the holiday next year. He said i should get my implant taken out in march or april next year, so that my body can get back to normal ( i didnt tell him that its just the pill that works like that, and with the implant ur good to go as soon as its out!! :muaha: ) I do feel better after that- we have an actual set in stone date now, its not as early as id like (ie now! lol!) but i have to compromise on this aswell.

oh yay - that's great Kate - you must feel so much better :D so pleased for you x

About the implant, if it's hormonal it's pretty much the same as the pill. Your body still has to regulate itself again, so it's wise to come off months before.

About the implant, if it's hormonal it's pretty much the same as the pill. Your body still has to regulate itself again, so it's wise to come off months before.

ooh- i thought because it was "time released" (sounds like some sort of moisturiser!! :rofl:) ur hormones werent as bad as the pill
*trots off to do some more research*

Hi Kate,

My OH is exactly the same, hes 30 now and I am 25 in July so I am gonna be 26 at least and he will be 31/32.

I keep hoping a miracle will happen.

my partner was sort of the same

but now he is saying i will be pregnant by November!!!

we would be trying now but arnt coz of me, i have had an eating disorder when i was younger he wants to be TOTALLY sure i am over it so i am healthy and the bambino is to!!

i would be so happy being preg and havin a baby.

bad times behind good ahead.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"