Why can't I feel strong movements

CatchBabyDust

Mom(by Gods grace)preg#2
Reaction score
I'm so stressed out .. I'm 18 weeks with my second and last week I was feeling decent movements ... not kicks but movements ..: this week I felt a tap or two but now nothing !!!!!!!! Two days and nothing !!!! I'm soooo worried.. everything was fine at the ultrasound last week but shouldn't the movement get stronger and more frequent by now ! Especially that it's my second and I HAVE FELT movement ! It's just the past two days nothing:cry: I feel like I'm about to go nuts !

This is my fourth, and it took ages for her to start doing proper kicks. I remember being worried wondering why they weren't as strong as I'd previously remembered with other babies, but just a few weeks later and she's certainly very active with big kicks now.

I went for a scan at 18 weeks and saw lots of kicking and wriggling but just could feel it yet!

Perhaps you might even have an anterior placenta cushioning the kicks. You'll find out at the 20 week scan if that's the case.

Don't worry :flower:

Anterior placenta perhaps? Everything is most likely fine, I barely felt anything until about 22 weeks. I remember the sonographer asked me at my 20 week scan if I was feeling movement and thinking that I wasn't too sure and only sporadically! I have a posterior placenta as well. Between 22- 28 weeks, movement was more obvious but this little one went through cycles of having busy days and then barely moving for a couple days, which was a bit worrying at times! I'm now coming up 29 +3 weeks and even now, baby doesn't seem to have a very regular pattern. I wake up some mornings and I'm being kicked straight away. Other days, I don't feel much until lunch time! Its easy to feel worried sometimes! Speak to your doctor/midwife, they might try find the HB for you to put your mind at ease (although if you are live in my area, they seem to think the HB is impossible to find on a Doppler until 26 weeks!)

I'm 22 weeks and just started feeling the strong kicks and this is my 3rd baby! Nothing to worry about :) xxx

I have an anterior placenta, but I started feeling movement very early- about 10 week! Now, I do feel kicks and movement but they are sooo irregular. Some days I have 10 hours pass without feeling movement. It's definitely scary so I know what you mean. Chances are if you feel at least some movement at this point, things are OK.

With my first by 18 weeks I was feeling strong movements, now at 20 weeks with my second and I don't always feel them. At my ultrasound baby was moving everywhere but I couldn't feel it except certain areas, the tech even said my placenta was nice and deep in back so it wasn't masking baby.

I think because it's not our first they have so much more wiggle room than our first that their kicks may not always reach the walls for us to feel. My midwife assured me that even at 20 weeks, not feeling regular movement is fine.

17 weeks and I was asking the same question but seems like it`s very normal not to have strong kicks. Thanks for feedbacks.

18 weeks is still fairly early to feel strong movements as they have so much room to move about freely. Saying that there's a possibility you may have an anterior placenta, all at the front which will cushion the baby's moves. I'm 24 weeks with my second (anterior this time) and my word there is a HUGE difference in how you feel movements.

With my first I felt movements from 18 weeks and by this time they were soooo strong. I didn't start feeling real movements until 20 weeks with this baby and even now at 24 weeks I wouldn't say they were strong. I feel him move regularly but it's not as obvious and I really have to concentrate!

Thank u everyone for the feedback!! Everything is alarming to me and I'm so scared of anything going wrong .. like I'm too paranoid those past two weeks! Hopefully all is well in there and can't wait for my anatomy scan to check on everything eventhough I'm so stressed out !

As others have said it could be an anterior placenta, I'm 20 weeks and have it, Ive only been feeling small rumbles the last few days. It could also be their position, all the kicks could be towards the back.

Have you checked your scan notes to see where your placenta is? I have an anterior placenta and only now am I getting kicks my husband can (barely) feel, same happened with my 3rd child she had an anterior placenta too and the kicks took so long to become consistent and strong, I wouldn't worry yourself at all anyway at 18 weeks you are still very early for consistent kicks

I agree that it's still early for strong movements. Some people feel them early, but most of the time, people don't feel those definite, strong movements until 22-24 weeks along. :)

Almost 18 weeks with my second and I'm not feeling anything either. It's a little worrying but I heard baby's hb at midwife appointment this week so I'm not too concerned. It would be nice and reassuring to feel him move though.

Sarah xxx

Same here! Second baby and still not feeling movement. We saw baby last week to find out sex and heard he etc so know he's fine, it'd just be reassuring to feel him too :baby:

Same here! last week I felt more than this week but I had a scan over the weekend and they were being very active (twins!) I'm much bigger than with my first so maybe the expectation of feel if them is a little more. I just feel the odd tickling from the inside.

Bx

Thank u everyone for the reassurance !!! I checked my notes and it's not anterior placenta but I felt few strong kicks here and there yesterday and today!! I am relived !!! But still ofcourse as relieved as I am , we always find a way to stress lol ! But at least I know I can feel him kick a bit but as most of u said it's still irregular and too soon for those REALLY big kicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->