Why did I google!?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Ughhhhhh I broke the rules. I googled the cord compression thing :dohh: Now I'm freaking out and like sick to my stomach. It can cause fetal distress, lack of oxygen, lack of blood flow to the baby...and I can only imagine all the horrible horrible things that can come from that. Shes still only moving if I lay on my left side and even then its just little movements if I poke her to death. What if she's compressing it when I'm sitting or walking around or something? What if she's got it compressed TOO much and something seriously goes wrong??!

Ughhh my obgyn booked me in for another appointment this week coming. I'm telling him if she doesn't start moving more again I want to be rechecked and if this is a serious issue I want her out ASAP. I'd rather her be out a few weeks early and have all the oxygen she needs than to be cutting off her life supply.

oh hon you should never ever google xxx why do you think its that? has she not been moving as much? you seen your MW? xxx sure its nothing like that hon:hugs:

oh hon you should never ever google xxx why do you think its that? has she not been moving as much? you seen your MW? xxx sure its nothing like that hon:hugs:

No I was in the hospital yesterday and she was compressing her cord and they had to move her to get her off it :( so her heart rate was dipping really low and then spiking back up then going down again. I'm supposed to be doing kick counts all the time

well if i were you and worried i would go back to the hospital and make them keep me in! have they said not to worry? xxx

I'm with Brockie, if your instincts are telling you to be concerned then I'd go back in there NOW, you don't want anything to happen for sure!!!! Maybe some others will come along that have had this situation and can post some better info for you, sorry I'm no help, just think us women NEED to listen to our little intuition voices!

Good luck... and NO MORE GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!

The problem with google and stuff online is that the info isn't pertaining to you and your situation. Your doctor and the techs are the ones who saw you and your baby and know your medical history.

To be honest my baby doesn't move alot, and you are coming to the time when your baby would be slowing down anyways.

I agree if you are worried call your dr tomorow and make an earlier appointment... Although they will not induce early labour unless there is a good reason.

Hon if you are concerned then I would go back, you know what feels right for you and if your LO isn't moving as much.

I hope everything is ok.

Oh and STOP GOGGLING!!! x x

Oh Rae - that must feel like crap. call them, or jst turn up and tell them how worried you are. Like the others have said - you need to follow your instincts. If you're not happy - do somethign about it (Just don't tell them you've been googling!!!)

I googled at the start and freaked myself out! never again. I look at baby development and thats about it now.

google is terrible it really frightens people i refuse to search anything on google! if your really worried hun then go back to the hospital, it will put your mind at rest if nothing is wrong or they can do something if there is. xxx

I am all for Googling. I diagnosed myself many times with Google and have always been right! I think some doctors are idiots and I think you did the right thing looking it up on Google. Now you know what to watch for and how dangerous it really is! I think you need to go with your gut and ask them to check you out again sooner.

i would march right back to the hospital NOW too much is at stake! :hugs: hope all is well though xx

Googling is BAAAD!!

I didnt post about it but I googled 'excessive hiccups in late pregnancy' last week and I was soooooo worried about her cord having a problem. My MW told me I probably have a hiccuppy baby but I couldnt see past it.....:( and guess what.....I HAVE a hiccuppy baby!!!

Get some reassurance and then no more Google or I'll smack your bum!!
x

I hate google!!

Maya was found to have shadows on her heart (echogenic foci) at my 20 week scan. Naturally I googled this & all this horrible stuff about Downs came up. For the rest of my pregnancy it was on the back of my mind but I couldn't bring myself to discuss it.

You all now know Maya is absolutley fine & I really wish I hadn't googled!!

Get advice & reassurance from the professionals I say & leave google well alone!!

:hug:

Well they told me to go back if I wasn't getting my kicks...I am but they're fished for and only if I'm on my side. I think I'm just going to wait to keep my appointment with my doctor because I feel like an idiot going in to the hospital again asking them to check when I'm still getting my kicks.. ughh

If you're really worried forget waiting for your appt & go now

They won't think you're an idiot. You're a mummy, it's your job to worry!!

Def no one will think your an idiot.

Either way, next dr you speak to make sure you have them explain things very well to you, what they are doing, what your baby is doing and any particular risks. You should be getting confident information from the people who are dealing with YOU and YOUR baby as they are the ones who can see what is happening with you.

Are you looking for "kicks" or are you looking for fetal activity? At your point you wont be getting real kicks like before.

no no I'm just looking for movement at all, she hasn't been kicking for a few weeks...just rolling around haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->