Why did you have a prem baby???

CazH

Reaction score
So with the ITV doc it seems a lot of us werent told why we had an early baby, sure worries me as like they said if we knew why we could prevent it next time, I know i over heard the nurses test my wee saying i had a water infection but nothing was told to my face why and two weeks previous at my midwife checkup wee was fine??

I had severe pre eclampsia and Brooke had severe IUGR :wacko:

Like you mentioned, 3 out of 4 sets of parents I now meet up with from SCBU do not know the reason either that they went into labour. 2 of them, the hospital didnt even believe them that they were in labour as their contractions werent showing on the machone. . .until they yelled that they wanted to push! bizarely, their sons were born just 4 minutes apart in the rooms next door to each other. :cloud9:

This shall be an interesting thread! xx

I had Archie due to a weak cervix which was caused by treatment of abnormal cells and a loop biopsy taken 10 years previously. I was never told at the time about the possibility of an early birth due to the treatment - I understand now I should have been told. Only a few months back the medical professionals have confirmed the link between such treatment and premature births. Seemingly now, if you go for this type of treatment you WILL be made aware and offered alternative treatments that are not so destructive on the cervix.

However, NO ONE has confirmed this is the reason why I had Archie early.

She didn't come early, they took her out as I was bleeding so heavily.

Having said that, my waters had broken but I didn't go into labour.

They couldn't find any reason for the bleeding though.

I did wonder when they asked this on the show, as, apparently we have no idea why anyone goes into labour. Whether it is late or early they haven't been able to find out what kicks it off.:shrug:

I had PPROM and an infection.

Edit : I just found out it could have something to do with scaring on my cervix from being raped. Im completely torn apart. :cry: Because its likely to happen again.

Preeclampsia is why Molly was early, but was an emergency c section, not natural labour x

nooooooooooooo idea.

all i can assume is stress :(

Wasn't sure whether to answer yes or no to the inital question, as yes I know why I had an early birth as my placenta ruptured, however why my placenta ruptured will remain a mystery.
I was told that a car trauma or a bad fall would cause it to rupture, I had neither so have no idea why.
My obstetrician said I will never know, as he could not tell me why and said it could or couldn't happen in the future. It is frustrating as you don't know if it will happen again...sad really as it has put me off having another baby as I don't think I could cope with another stint in NICU/SCBU...

emergency section due to pre=eclampsia although may have been worsened by a pre-existing kidney problem which despite asking no one looked into so it might/might not happen again :nope: x

Evie was born at 34 weeks, my waters broke one morning and had her 24 hours later

don't know why waters broke or if this is why I went into labour early

My waters went with alex and they could see the cord wrapped around his neck and i was beginning to get an infection.

I dont really know if i should answer this as lauren was only with us 15 minutes but she was born at 21+3 and there was no reason for it i just went into early labour

my waters broke at 23weeks with max, with major bleeding! this happened because of a ruptured membrane, which i was told was my old scar opening on the inside a little bit! i donot know what caused the ruptured membrane!!! i stayed in hospital bleeding on and off and new waters kept cuming away! until 26wks 1day and my planceta ruptured! then had a extremelyquick emergency c-section within twenty mins of the heavy bleeding!

I didn't go into labour. I had an emergency section because I developed pre eclampsia

I had an abnormal uterine artery flow which deteriorated so my placenta was dying. Will probably happen again.

My son was born at 34weeks. Basically in Feb 2008 i went into hospital as i was bleeding and they weren't sure why i was bleeding, anyway i was given iron tablets and got to go home 3days later the bleeding had stopped and baby was fine. Then in the middle of March i had a letter from the hospital saying they had contacted my doctors and told them i had a water infection and had to go get a prescription. This was about 2-3weeks after my hospital visit.

Personally i think the water infection was left too long and brought early labour on as my son was born April 3rd 2008. however i was never told why i went into premature labour i asked the midwife and she said it could be a variety of reasons or it jus one of them things. I suppose i will never know why, wish i did have a definate reason so that when i next get pregnant i could possibly try to change something.

Harry was born at 29+5. I had a vaginal infection, that wasn't picked up on beforehand. I rang the community midwife a couple of days before Harry was born to tell her of my vaginal itch and discharge and she passed it off as common pregnancy symptom. If only...

First time I was induced at 35 weeks with pre-eclampsia.

Second time I had an abruption at 33 weeks (caused by pre-eclampsia).

I am waiting for a consultants app to try and find out why. Think it was a combination of things but eventually they whisked Rose out as her heartbeat was decelerating (had a weird 6th sense and went to hospital, thank god). Although I went into labour whilst waiting for my c-sect. Weird!

also i was born at 29 weeks by c-sec as i had the cord wrapped round my neck. the only sign given was that my mum started bleeding very heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->