Why do/did you want to have 3D/4D scans

fairyflowers

Mummy of Two
Reaction score
i understand the ultrasound black white image,
but just wondering what makes people want the 3D imagery (the ones you pay for etc)
no judgement intended,

simply because you can have a better look :flower: it can help some connect more if they are a visual person and seeing the baby better helps with this.

I had one because my 20 week scan I were gutted because I only got a pic of her spine, that and the fact the sonogropher couldn't get a proper look at the gender and "thought" it looked like a girl, so I wanted to know for definite lol. Was amazing, even got a DVD of her in utero x

I never had one but I would have if I'd been able to afford it, they're really expensive. I think they're nice for being better able to see what the baby looks like, just a bit of fun really. I do think though that the pictures all look the same lol but still gorgeous all the same.

Here its £97 for a 4d scan so I might have one this time round. Maybe after the 20wk scan so its not such a long wait to see him again

I had one done so I could have a look at him at my 20 week scan I had to lay with head down feet up and ob my side facing away from monitor so I saw nothing.

I so thought it would be very cool for Vinnie when he is older to see himself xx

I had one because id suffered 2 previous losses & couldn't let myself bond properly as I didn't believe I was actually gonna get a baby at the end of the pregnancy until after id seen her with my own eyes at 30wks

I hadn't started buying things until after that point & it made everything seem more real & allowed me to start getting excited xx

i had one cos i wanted to see bubbas face, cos the 20week scan all we saw was spine, thigh n brain! and cos the 50E cost was going to help for heroes too!

I think they are way overpriced and I don't think they look very nice.

i had 1 done so i could have it as a keepsake for when jayden is older. Didn't think the black & white scan picture would show him how he was as a baby so i paid for 4d scan so he will be able to watch the dvd/look through the 400 4d pics when he is older. If i have anymore children i plan on having a 4d scan for the same reason :) think its a lovely keepsake x

I had one because i had already had too loses and the wait between the last NHS scan at 20 weeks and birth seemed so long. I decided if i was going to pay for an extra scan i might aswell have a 4D one. I loved it at the time and thought it was an amazing experience but now i look back on the photos and think there is something a bit weird about it LOL!!!x

Id never seen one before i had ours done for my son, I wanted it 1, so i could see my precious little baby again. 2. To try and work out what he looked like. 3. for the experience and to see what it was like and i love it it was so special and ill definitely have one again for all future kiddies x

I had one, because after 20 weeks i didnt get another scan and i wanted to see my baby again.

It was the most beautiful experience, and i will always remember it <3

i paid for a a scan wasnt a 3d one though as they wouldnt do it for twins. I did it because i had suffered a loss and i just wanted to do something to celebrate the pregnancy, i had loads of nhs scans because you do with twins and i had a compliacated pregnancy, but the private one was all about us and what we wanted to see and enoy rather than clinical.

I didnt get one with Leigha and Tom cos we couldnt afford them. But i desperately wanted one with Carmen as i just wanted the experience, of seeing my baby before they were born.
It was a serious case of being completely impatient.
I still look at her face and look at the 4d scans and its truly amazing!

I wouldn't pay for one but I the doctor let me see her in 4D for free after my 19 week scan which was cool. Got a few pics to show her when she's older.

I had two done. One when he I was 17 weeks as I couldnt wait for the NHS gender scan thing because im to impatient and really wanted to know if he was a girl or boy. The second I had when I was 27 weeks because I wanted to see how much he had changed and also to check that everything was fine as I am such a worrier and it was even worse when I was pregnant.

xx

I had one b'cos we'd got a discount from the place as we had already had our gender scan there so they give you a good discount, plus the service is great. I also felt it would help things to feel that bit more real as well and we couldn't wait to see what our little man looked like. I'm so glad we went cos the pics were so clear and we took my family along and they all said how much it was like looking at a real baby.
The lady doing the scan said there's good times to go for one (best close ups being between about 25-30 weeks before baby gets too squished. I also wanted to see little man again before he was born as most people (unless a growth scan is needed) don't tend to have another scan once the 20 wk scan has taken place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->