Why Do Health Visitors Do This??

jen1604

Reaction score
So,I went off to the clinic this afternoon to get Miss Ophelia weighed.
I know myself that she is fine,she is a happy little girlie,she's just started crawling around and she's really alert and clever.
Health visitor weighs her,looks at her charts and says 'oh no this is not good,not good at all' Turns out she has put on hardly any weight since last time we were there.Then the health visitor tells me I'm not feeding her enough,she needs more pastas and cereals and rice.And I have to go back next week to have her weighed again.
In my heart I know Ophelia is fine but because the health visitor has said it,now I'm worrying.:cry:

i got exact same yesterday!! Its so annoying making us feel bad. :hug: XXX

I stopped taking Noah cos one week he was to big then he hadn't put on enough!!! In the end it got me upset & thinking I was doing something wrong!! Just because babies don't match "the book" doesn't mean were doing things wrong!!

If you know your baby is happy & healthy then thats fine! :hugs:

Here doctors are required to check the charts and comment... just remember that they do not know your baby, all they have to go by is what they see and whats been recorded. They dont comment or make suggestions to offend people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->