Why do I have to pee so much?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by SaMa86, Nov 14, 2011.

1. SaMa86

SaMa86 Well-Known Member

I mean, it's litterally every five minutes. I went to the loo earlier, sat back down downstairs and was ready to go again!! And it's been the same all day, no more than 20 minutes without having to go! There's no wonder I'm so tired with the amount I'm waking up to go and all the running up and down stairs! Is this what a water infection does? What should I do? I expected an increase in needing to go and go what I expected but the past couple of days it's just been obsured!!:cry:

2. bananaz

bananaz Well-Known Member

It's probably the hormones - they trigger an increase in blood flow to your kidneys, which in turn speeds up the rate of urine output. Fun, huh? Now if you were experiencing pain or burning with urination, it might be wise to get checked out for a UTI. Otherwise I'd guess it's just pregnancy.

If it makes you feel any better, you're definitely not alone. I get up 3-5 times a night to pee, in addition to going constantly throughout the day. It's ridiculous!

3. SaMa86

SaMa86 Well-Known Member

It's just crazy, I have to drink coz my throat/mouth dries out which doesn't help either!!

4. Lush Essence

Lush Essence Active Member

tell me about it . . . !!!! and for me is mostly at night time when i'm sleeping like a baby...i literally have to get up about 4-5 times. aaaand during the day its like every half-45 mins ! aaahhhhh. lol

5. mom2beagain

mom2beagain mom and preggers

I feel your pain. I am constantly using the bathroom. I had to start planning grocery shopping around the time when I go less. :( I am going at LEAST every 30 minutes.

6. Dana_Scully

Dana_Scully Zachary's Mommy

Me too! It's an unending circle! lol ^_^'''

7. kittymarie

kittymarie TTC #2!

Same here! Towards the end of the night, I drink SO much water so it makes it even worse!

8. SaMa86

SaMa86 Well-Known Member

it's just driving me mad! We got stuck in traffic on the M1 on friday and were looking at about 2 hours sat there so we had to get off at the next junction so I could go pee...nearly wet myself lol!

9. Lush Essence

Lush Essence Active Member

hey, saMa86 :: i just noticed, our beans shall be born around the same time! =D oOooo, hehe! =)

10. sweetpeaxo

sweetpeaxo Well-Known Member

Sucks doesn't it? Esp when you have to get up in the middle of the night! Gets old really fast.