Why do mums always seem to be able to make u feel crap?

J

JayleighAnn

My mum today: I think you've got PCOS like your aunty cause you should of copped out by now after 3months

Me: oh mum its only been 3months, and only 2 propperly trying, I'm ok I've got no symptoms of pcos

Mum: oooh I wouldnt be so sure

Cheers mum, thanks for the vote of confidence!

:hugs: I think sometimes pple forget TTC can be quite an emotional (and at times down right stressful) journey....

Poor you! I know what you mean mind, my mum has a tendancy to say things which hurt, but I know she is not meaning to.

I have not told her we are TTC this time, for that exact reason.

At least you have us lot to make you smile :hug:

yeah lol she keeps telling me how she "copped out" as she so lovingly calls it, with all 3 of us in a month...la la la

I just leave her to it lol

My mum also says hurtful things sometimes and sometimes I just dont think she thinks before she opens her mouth. Maybe you should get a blood test just to show her theres nothing wrong with you xxxx

I think I will lol

My periods have been irregular since I came off Depo, but since about may they've been fine, apart from last month I was two weeks late, I think it was just due to TTC

My mum can be like that as well. If you think about it, you have only really tried 2-3 times, that's the way I look at it. Think it sounds better than trying for 2-3 months.

Maybe try not to speak to your mum about it until you are pregnant. That's what I'm doing. I got fed up with all her eye rolling.

I think it's a special talent some mum's have!

I'm just hoping it's not hereditary lol

hahah i tell my mum NOTHING!! maybe we disscuss the price of bread and milk thats it :) i like ti that way

Lol I think we'll just keep our discussions to bread and milk, safest way!

Must be a lucky one, My mum's been so good, she's my best friend, every month she'll ask so gently any news doll, when I tell her I've got my periods she says the nicest of things to me, always keeps positive when I know she's as anxious as us to get a little grandson or grand-daughter from us, She's a Rock xxxx OOhhhhh Love ya Mam xxx

My mums a good one to, but after getting pregnant 1st month in Jan then having a mmc in April ive been ttc since then and she keeps saying stop stressing it will happen but I want it to happen NOW!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Oh I am also very lucky like you 2 girls above me.... my mum is fantastic !!!:happydance:

She says all the right things and probably knows my cycle better than I do. She will just call me out of the blue and ask me how I am feeling about things which is really lovely. She would love another grand child as my sister has a little girl.... She always remains positive for me even when the :witch:arrives and I feel down.

:hugs:

i hve no suport from my mum she is so hard to talk to, she doesnt know much about me cos she is always so negative, its sad i wish it was different and i know that i will be different with my daughter cos resent it so much now :(

ur mum makes it sound like 3 months is a long time to be ttc! its not at all so dnt let it get to u. its normal for healthy couples to take a year ot more to conceive (finger crossed it happens sooner tho). susan put it exactly right! class it as you've tried 3 times, not for 3 months. thats exactly how i look at it. we're going to start ttc next year and ive told my mum a vague time we want to conceive (i just said mid nxt year) but im really counting dow to an exact date lol i cant wait.

I no it's not a long time, its just that she seems to think that as it's been 3months...I MUST have pcos...which I don't believe I do as I have no symptoms

Don't let her get you down Jayleigh, as the saying goes you can choose your friends..... I haven't even spoken to my mum in over ten years and don't/haven't regretted it for a second as she simply isn't a nice person (in fact she's horrendus!) but my MIL is great and can talk to her about most things, even so haven't told her we are tcc as she would panic (how can u afford it? blah blah am sure you know the stuff!) and would be giving "Advice" every time we spoke which OH and I decided that for now we could do without,

TCC is stressful enough without parents (or anyone really) putting unecessary pressure on you.

Try not to let her get you down, and stay positive, am sure good things (and lots of babydust) lie in your future!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"