why do people think its ok to......

pegi

Reaction score
huge rant here ladies so sorry in advance!!!!!

im 5ft 1inc and at my booking appointment (10 weeks) i weighed 8st 8lbs, i weighed myself yesterday (19+2) and im now 9st 3 lbs, so i've gained 9lbs. I have been on bed rest at 15 weeks until 17 weeks then i had another bleed last week at 18+2 so am back on bed rest until i see the consultant again on the 21st so obviously exercise is out of the question! i have also suffered with terrible nausea and if i dont eat little and often its horrible, ive tried to be healthy and certainley havent gone mad but yes i've put weight on!!!!!!

yesterday my auntie went on and on about how big i am, how much weight ive put on, how tiny my sister my was with her pregnancies and after the third time of rubbing my belly saying 'how many pies have you eaten' i nearly lost it!It has really upset me:cry: ive had a very difficult journey getting pregnant including 3 losses, fertility treatment and this pregnancy has had its complications and im terrified im doing something wrong and now all i can think about is im to big/fat and im somehow doing something wrong......

i think my hormones are playing a huge part in this as i cant stop crying today and im hungry but thinking i shouldnt eat!!!!!!!!

i personally dont think you should point out to any woman how much weight they have put on pregnant or not, am i alone in this?

My doctor did that to me. He keep asking me if I am eating to much. Much i am so small compared to other pregnant women. I gained 20 lbs and I am 9 months pregnant. He makes me so mad. I dread getting on the scale when i go in.

Bunch of idiots. Im 5ft 8 and weigh 10 stone 5 before i got pregnant, am a size 12 and quite happy so if your getting moaned at then im going to be offered a gastric band. As long as you are healthy and happy thats what matters, people gain all different amounts when pregnant. But saying that - I have only ever been weighed at the beginning of my pregnancies and then they havent ever bothered weighing me again!
Stuff em!!

Also when ive given birth both times i almost drowned the midwife because i had alot of water! So that was a lot of weight aswell. Seriously. You do what makes you comfortable and if people have a go - tell them your pregnant and healthy - not starving yourself so you can go on the catwalk 2 days after you give birth. Your a normal healthy woman!!!

For some reason when you become pregnant people seem to think they have some sort of magical entitlement to stupid remarks they would never make to someone who wasnt pregnant as commenting on someones weight would be rude. But not when pregnant, oh no you can comment then. Its a mystery. Should be a punishable offense. When your baby is born it shall be judged by every one, weight, size, hair. When your baby can walk and whos walked before, whos is doing their mental arithmetic at 17 months.... and so on.

How extremely rude. It's one thing if your doctor raises it as a medical concern (though some of the stories I hear, even the doctors can be rude with it some time) but it's nothing to do with her.

Call her out on it. Very few people will continue to be rude if you laugh in disbelief and say, 'I can't believe you would make sure a personal comment.'

Call her out on it. Very few people will continue to be rude if you laugh in disbelief and say, 'I can't believe you would make sure a personal comment.'

Yup! :thumbup: I agree.

My dad tried to joke about my belly, and so I poked his belly and said..."so what's your excuse?". He was joking, and I was joking.....but still! And guess what? He hasn't said anything about my weight since!

I've gained 30 pounds at 28 weeks and my doc STILL hasn't said anything. In fact, yesterday she told me my stomach was measuring the right size. So there. ha ha I haven't gotten too many comments this time around though I whine about my weight all the time. Maybe it's publicly complaining about the weight that is key? lol People will tell you you look good just to get you to be quiet. Use reverse psychology on them.

Seriously though, I'm sorry people are being so rude. I was on bed rest with DS and it's HARD to control the weight gain when you're not allowed to do anything about it. And I had the worst chocolate/sweets craving. I would literally get the shakes until I had something gooey and fudgey. Not good for the waist line. You can lose the weight after...it may be hard....but you can do it. And I agree with an above poster, water weight can really add on the pounds too. I think I lost 20 pounds just by having DS....and he was only a 6 1/2 pounder.

Aww don't let people upset you!! I'm only 5ft1 myself an I was 8st 4 when I got booked in. I now have polyhydramnios an I am huge. I haven't used scales recently but I think I've put a good 2 stone on if not more. My dad said today it doesn't look real an it looks like a cushion haha his partner went mad at him but I honestly don't care now I know it's big an I'm so damn uncomfortable that I'll just be glad when he is here :)

I have gained a total of 23.8lbs, and when I saw Dr today he said it was because I'm retaining water. My hands are getting some Carole tunnel, and my feet are pretty swollen. He is not worried at all.

I'm sure your fine, don't listen to meanies.

Pay no attention. I have lost weight to the point of weighing 1kg more now then I did before I fell pregnant. Yet people keep asking me why I haven't popped yet, am I sure there is one in there, wow look at that belly etc. My belly is tiny, people just seem to think they can say what they like and its cute.

The last person who said something about my bump got a strong response from me. I said "well, it would be odd as shit if I had no physical changes considering I have an entire human being and life support system in my abdomen"

Just ignore it. I've put on 3 stone so far this time and people have even commented that they didn't think I was pregnant and that I'd just put on weight! It annoys me because I'm feeling crap about how I look but it gives me more motivation to get back to being a yummy mummy after I've given birth so let them hate away lol x

what im.dreading this pregnancy after losing 70lbs then regaining when i went on depo (which docs thought all my fault) i know im.going be hearing you cant do this that or other because your nmi so high (bmi means nothing!)

i feel.your frustration x

That must have been horrid :hugs: Sweetheart you were a healthy weight to begin with and you're bound to gain some weight, you're supposed to! This woman had no medical knowledge she was just making ignorant comments. You're following doctors orders and doing the best for your baby and even if you weren't on bed rest I think you would be likely to still gain because baby needs you to.
Make sure you're feeding that baby and yourself with lots of good things and don't let your blood sugars fall by not eating.
I'm sure you would rather put on a few pounds and be healthy and well than otherwise and I bet you look beautiful :)

thanks everyone im feeling slightly better this morning, ive been back to the hospital to see the consultant and when i mentioned to him about my weight he laughed and said do not even go there! at the minute they are just trying there hardest to get me past 25 weeks to give baby the best chance so really weight is the least of my worries!

Aww wishing you loads of luck with getting your bubba out safe and for the journey afterwards. Love to you all <3

This drives me mad too. I'm 5ft8 and a UK size 10.

I have big bump already and people keep calling me 'fat' jokingly but it hurts. Several people have made comments saying my face looks 'fuller' and someone told me my 'butt looks huge'

GRR PEOPLE

What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can make totally inappropriate comments? Your getting fat..was your baby planned?..are you and OH still doing it..etc. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->