Why do you use the WTT forum?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
I was wondering why I was using it and wondered what the reason is for others using it. When I got pregnant with my son, I didnt know what a forum was, or even how to use them! But I made some fabulous friends in parenting forums over the last few years.

When I thought it was going to be a year or two untill we TTC again I didnt see much point in using WTT forum but now its down to a few months I was hoping I would make some WTT buddies in here and move over to TTC together then the first trimester and so on.

Everybody has different reasons for using forums, so why do you use WTT?

:laugh2:

I found this forum quite by accident when I google something to do with coming off the pill. I was pleased to find the WTT forum because it meant that I could chat to other people going through the stresses and strains, ups and downs of WTT and they' understand what I was going through. I've been a member on here for about 5 months now, and have used this forum a lot more recently, and I have to say I've had tremendous support and found WTT buddies who'll be TTC at the same time as me, so we'll be able to carry on this journey together.

I was using WTT because TTC was a very long way off a while back due to my health and it helped to be around others who felt the same. Now I'm sorted and I'll be TTC soon but the TTC board seems to pressurised. I'm not sure if I'll actually post much over there!

I was using WTT because TTC was a very long way off a while back due to my health and it helped to be around others who felt the same. Now I'm sorted and I'll be TTC soon but the TTC board seems to pressurised. I'm not sure if I'll actually post much over there!

I know what you mean, I took a sneaky peek a few weeks ago and it all looked a bit too scary for my liking :D Maybe we could have a WTT graduates thread over there ? When will you be starting to TTC ?

I know what you mean, I took a sneaky peek a few weeks ago and it all looked a bit too scary for my liking :D Maybe we could have a WTT graduates thread over there ? When will you be starting to TTC ?

We're starting next month! :happydance:

I definitely think a thread for us lot who are used to a slightly slower pace might be handy. DH wants to let nature take its course for a bit as opposed to full out OPKs etc.

We're starting next month! :happydance:

I definitely think a thread for us lot who are used to a slightly slower pace might be handy. DH wants to let nature take its course for a bit as opposed to full out OPKs etc.

Definately agree with this, I don't want to get sucked into the charting and testing cervical mucus etc, just want to have non protected fun sex and see what happens!

I also think a thread with a slower pace over in TTC for us all is a great idea. There's been a few posts recently about people being scared to move over, a thread of our own might gently ease us in :D

Good luck with the TTC next month!

I just wanted to have others to talk too that knew how I felt as I don't want to tell the real world I want a baby so much although I do mention it to my friends I think the girlies here understand much more.

Well I am here mostly because it relates to me. I also visit some other boards on this forum, but mostly to have a peek at other and later stages :), OR TO SEE HOW THEY ARE DOING .

Another one here who found the forum by accident and initally as we weren't trying it seemed the sensible place to be.

I have made some wonderful friends though and now that we are NTNP, I won't move over to TTC as it just seems, as has been said, to pressurised over there. We are just letting nature take its course and we are more than happy with that.

xxx

Pops, Im beggining to think I might do the same. I dont want to chart, use FF and OPK's etc. I really dont want to take the fun out of it, it does see really nice and at ease in here. Everyone is so easy going and friendly. Thats not to say they arent in TTC, but I know if I went over there I would end up obssessing.

I was initially interested in reading women that were TTC as I love all the symptom spotting etc. When I found this category I loved taking to other women like me, waiting. It's nice to know that there are people out there in a similar situation and that they understand. I don't know if I will chat much when I am TTC myself or be in forums... I think I had better stay away from Internet at the time as I think I would stress a lot with all sort of problems that people would mention. I suppose I won't know if I will want to post and chat when TTC til the time comes. At the moment need to do more and chat less.

I enjoy reading and posting in the WTT because it helps channel the obsessive thoughts about wanting baby #2 into something where I know others understand - since my hubby certainly does NOT understand why my brain will not stop thinking about having another baby. :)

I came across this place entirely by accident as well! Now that Im here, I wonder what I used to do with myself before. Its a great place to indulge the broodiness monster, and I have made some wonderful friends who I know will stick together, no matter where we are on the journey! xxx

I'm just spying in here mostly, ATM. :blush:
It'll be a year or more before we TTC #2, got to convince OH first :dohh: (thats another story)
I'm actually wanting but happy to wait for #2, as there is no way I could have 2 LO's just yet, so close in age! My nephew has proven that - little monkey that he is!

well i found bnb when i was 20weeks with maddi and seemed the natural progression to come in here when we decided on wtt for no 2 :happydance: love it in here :happydance:

I first came on here when we were TTC last year. Hung around like a bad smell until I was 30wks then got my internet access back a few weeks ago. I started using WTT as I wanted to talk to other ladies who really wanted baby #1 #2...etc but had to wait

I love this forum as you can talk about all the things you cant talk to oh about!

Well I found BnB by accident too! I often visited a different forum that was mainly to do with weddings, but had a baby section, but didn't really feel that it offered that much for me while WTT but it was the only one I knew, so stayed as it kept me interested in all the baby stuff. But then I googled "overweight pregnancy" as I wanted to see what experience there was out there for people who were overweight and pregnant (as I will be)... and hey presto, found this forum. Starting looking through and saw the WTT and just thought it was brilliant to have a section that specifically related to me! I love reading the other section, but I really feel at home here and plan to stay here until we conceive as I also don't want to have to go down the route of charting, etc.

I find it passes the time while waiting and also it's great to talk to other people who are going through the same thing as you are :) x

I found this forum because i was looking for advice- my first post on here was "bfp while wtt" and i was just after advice about my situation, i wanted opinions from people who could look at my story in black and white and not judge. I got loads of advice (and am sad to say that i let my head pressurise me into going against all the advice) and just continued to hang around here after. Its nice to have somewhere to let out all the broodyness.

I found it purely by accident looking for baby info. Anyway I hadn't seen a WTT section in any other forum, they always start at TTC so it was nice to find a place where I fit in and can vent know and again and now I'm not the only one thinking about babies without TTC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->