Why does my BnB look like this?!

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
:hissy: Our work computers have just been upgraded to IE7 (yeah, I know. Behind with the times or what!!) and now my BnB pages look like this :shock: Anyone know if there is there a setting I can change somewhere that will make it ok again?? The firewall shouldn't have been changed so it's not that coz everything was working fine before the weekend :grr: But it is annoyinggggg!!

hellllllp!!!

Attachments

• bnb.jpg
    bnb.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 118
have you tried loading the sites again? and also do you have the chance of using different browsers at work?(like if it is your computer do you have a chance of installing a different browser?)

:nope: can't use a different browser!! I am the only one who uses this computer, but I can't install anything without the 'I.T Police' knowing about it, and then having to suffer the consequences :lol:
Reloading doesn't help!! It's as if I am viewing it in plain text format (well, I suspect that is the problem) but don't understand why :shrug: All my other sites are fine

Mine has done that a few times at work so I have just completely shut down the browser and when I had come back on it works fine. Other than that I dont know, how very annoying though x

mine did that last night. i closed IE and when i re-opened it, it was fine

Closing and re-opening definitely isn't working :nope: I just had a powercut at work too so my whole computer has been off and on again and it's still like it :hissy:

Also, wierdly, if I reply in a thread my reply comes up fine. As in, I can see my avatar and any smilies I use, but if I went out and back in to the thread they would have reverted back to little red 'x's!!
Is anyone on here a computer genius?? I don't think my IT support will want to help me much :haha:

Can't be a too good IT department if they use old IE compulsory :haha:

otherwise I have no idea.

mine did it on my old laptop but my OH installed google chrome and it worked fine but i doubt you could do that without getting into trouble
maybe they are trying to stop you coming on while working :haha:

:lol: they did block it at one point :blush: but that was soon fixed!! I don't think I can get used to using it like this :nope: I may have to resort back to coming online on my phone...which is rubbish, but at least it will all make sense :lol:

BnB loads from 2 domain names. babyandbump.com (which pulls all the database info) and bbstatic.com (which loads all BnB's images, template stylesheets, and static files). It looks like you are having a problem with bbstatic.com - Make sure that bbstatic.com hasn't been blocked. Also, clear your cache just to make sure your browser isn't having problems :)

^^ clever clogs lol

Hope it works that would drive me crazy xx

aaah SC, I was hoping you would come along and tell me why :lol: thank you!
I will do the above when I'm at work tomorrow, but, how do I clear my cache?

Try the top one on this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/90155-clear-your-browsers-cache.html

:)

thank youuuuuu :D
I don't think clearing the cache will help though. It seemed to just be this site that I was having problems with so got a feeling they've blocked that bbstatic.com :cry::cry:

:hissy::hissy: It didn't worrrrk! I have cleared my cache (took a looooong time :lol:) but I don't know how to find out whether bbstatic.com is blocked or not :shrug:

I'm not sure either (on IE), but depends if it is blocked on browser level, or further down the line. Will have a look and get back to you.

If my IT bods have blocked it then it will be blocked for the entire network :(It's got worse today...now I can't see the smilies in my replies and when I quote someone in reply, or edit one of my posts, everything is typed out in html code. As in all the text formatting etc is there with all it's brackets and everything, and I can't click any buttons (bold, italic, underline, quick smilies etc) anymore :wacko: At least yesterday I could still click the buttons, even if I didn't know what they were!!

I have IE 8 on my computer (don't use it, but it's there) and this is how I'd check for blocked sites:

Go to Tools --> Internet Opitions. Click on Security, then Restricted Sites. Click the button that says "Sites" and a list of what's blocked should come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->