why does the thought of pumping for work stress me out?

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
I don't even know if my daughter will take a bottle now. I stopped giving her any bottles at 6 weeks because I thought I wasn't going to start working until way later. Now with OH having back to back kidney stones and missing so much work I'm feeling the need to get a part time job a few days a week so we have fall back money. But the thought of pumping makes my head spin! How many ounces should I aim for? How often will my unpredictable daughter need a bottle while I'm gone? Should I just get a little freezer stash going? When do I pump while also EBF? And what if she doesn't take to the bottle? I know I want first shift up to 8 hours but no more than that so she can stay with oh and not have to worry about a sitter. I'm hoping to have it all figured out in the next month.

my baby takes anywhere from 3-7.5 Oz for a feed, so I usually do up freezer bags of 3.5 Oz. I would start charting her feeding habits to get an idea of what you're in for. and buy a bottle that mimics the breast right away to try her on.

If I were in your situation I would start building a freezer stash right away because you can't pump huge amounts every day or you might end up with too much milk. Too much milk could lead to blocked ducts or mastitis, so it would probably be best to build your stash gradually! maybe 3.5 Oz twice a day.

PS I'm not working but just give my baby an occasional bottle when I need to go out for an appt! so it might be different being away for multiple feeds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->