Why has she started waking in the night again?

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, im not mad that shes started waking again, just curious as to why!
Lucy has been fab from day 1, sleeping 6 hours through from the day we brought her home. For the last 6 weeks+ shes been sleeping 8pm til 7.30am. But for about the last week shes been waking between 5.30 and 6. Ive tried giving her dummy back to her (which usually settles her off during the day when she sleeps) but its not worked, ive made her a bottle in case shes hungry, but she didnt want it. If I cuddle her she goes back to sleep within a few mins but I dont want to get into this habit! If I leave her in her cot she doesnt cry, just sort of chats to herself and giggles, but she wont go back to sleep til i get up with her! Shes still tired when she wakes but will only go back off when I get up with her, be it as soon as she wakes or at 7.30 when I finally give in and get up with her.
She never needs changing in the night either so I cant think why shes waking.
Do you think shes waking just in hope for a sneaky cuddle or for something else and if so what do I do to get her back to how she was?

I dont know what to suggest, Jasmine wakes up sometimes but I dont go in unless she cries. She usually just puts herself back to sleep after awhile.

have you tried giving her a bit of baby rice? katie's going thru a stage where he doesnt want to sleep, she used to sleep 8.30 til 9.30 and wake up for a feed once or twice, now she's up at 7! she doesnt even sleep in the day any more!!

Hey Stranger! How are you doing? :hugs:

Chase was a good sleeper until the last month and 1/2 or so. Now he wakes 2-3 times per night. Don't know what's up with that. LOL

Maybe teething? Or has she learned something new lately? Sometimes they will wake up and practice new things.

my archie too developed night wakings about a month ago (5 months), he sometimes woke on the hour every hour, the only thing that seemed to help was feeding him so we have started giving him solids. This has helped a lot but he still wakes up at random times. He also really wants to get up at 6am, if he sleeps in till 7.30am he is so much happier and has more energy for the day but nothing I seem to do extends his sleeping, it's not like he wakes up happy so I don't think it is his natural bioclock!

I'd love to hear any ideas, I have heard that around this age they go through such development that it can disrupt their sleep and hopfully they should grow out of it.

Good luck!

Hannah started doing the same. We moved out of our bedroom so that she could have it :rofl: We only go in if she's crying and most times she eventually puts herself back to sleep now! :happydance:

Thanks for replies everyone. We're already weaning her so shes definitely not hungry!
She is still in our room tho so maybe its time to put her in her own room? She was up at 6 again this morning but wasnt crying, just gurgling and chatting to herself so ive let her get on with it, and she fell back to sleep at 7 and is still asleep now! :doh:
Gonna mess her up for the day now! Maybe now she has found her voice she just likes using it in the morning? Strange child!! I'll she how it goes putting her in her own room

Niamh is doing this at 4am and I cant explain it. Its 4am every night and she wakes up crying. Shes been sleeping through since 5 weeks, so no idea why this has started.

Apart from the lovely Niamh it looks like it could be something to do with their age? Max is just over five months and has started to wake as well. He chit chats away to himself and will eventually drop back off to sleep...the first couple of times I went in to him to settle him and that was a mistake - I think he thought it was play time!!! Not at 4 in the morning!!! He certainly loves the sound of his own voice at the moment!

Katie doing this too and it's quite random - no set times. I think it's to do with brain development and learning how to do new things like rolling over and putting more weight on their feet etc. They are learning so much at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->