Why is it once you TTC your body freaks?

rdy4number2

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. Ever since I have gone off of birth control and started trying to conceive (since late December) my body is doing weird stuff. My cycles are getting further apart and very light. Has anyone else had this happen when the start ttc??

rdy:flower:

I hear ya! We have been ttc number two for a year now and I'm more confused with my body now than when we started!

I hear ya! We have been ttc number two for a year now and I'm more confused with my body now than when we started!

What birth control were you on before trying? I just wonder if our bc is helping our cycles seem more regular than they really are....Then we we stop it we are surprised to see how whacky they are lol.

rdy

I wasn't on birth control at all. We just used the "pullout" method and hoped for the best. We wouldn't have been upset if we had gotten pregnant earlier. We did the same thing for 2 years before trying for our DD. With her we were lucky and got pregnant our first cycle trying. I intended to go on the pill after giving birth but decided not to b/c I was afraid it would mess with my cycles and we knew we wanted more children, and sooner rather than later.
I did have an emergency c secton with my DD and wonder whether that plays a role in my difficulties this time around. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical a few cycles ago which would mean at least one of my tubes is open. I keep telling myself it will happen when its meant to........

We've only ever used condoms, and I've found the same. I think for me, though, it's probably because I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle, and now this cycle I've been taking B vitamins to lengthen my cycle. And I'm getting what I wished for…maybe I should knock off the supplements and just leave well-enough alone!

I was fine until August, now since to this date only 2 real AF's :(

I wasn't on birth control at all. We just used the "pullout" method and hoped for the best. We wouldn't have been upset if we had gotten pregnant earlier. We did the same thing for 2 years before trying for our DD. With her we were lucky and got pregnant our first cycle trying. I intended to go on the pill after giving birth but decided not to b/c I was afraid it would mess with my cycles and we knew we wanted more children, and sooner rather than later.
I did have an emergency c secton with my DD and wonder whether that plays a role in my difficulties this time around. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical a few cycles ago which would mean at least one of my tubes is open. I keep telling myself it will happen when its meant to........

Jodi,

I like your attitude that it will happen when it's meant to, but it's hard huh? Some days are easier than others. I get shook up when I hear of a friend or coworker saying they are gonna try. Worried they might get it quickly and I won't. It's only been 5 months, but what an eternity. I have heard of a lot of people getting preggy again after c-sections. Hopefully, everything is fine in that area....

rdy

We've only ever used condoms, and I've found the same. I think for me, though, it's probably because I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle, and now this cycle I've been taking B vitamins to lengthen my cycle. And I'm getting what I wished for…maybe I should knock off the supplements and just leave well-enough alone!

Rosered,

how long have they made your cycles? Just curious, how do you know if you have had a chemical if you don't test? I'm not talking about you, but myself. I don't think I've had a chemical, but just curious for advice....

rdy

What are your af's like now and what are your real ones like? My af's are like 2 short days of light bleeding. My old af's were like 5 days with a couple of light days with like 3 heavy...

rdy

What are your af's like now and what are your real ones like? My af's are like 2 short days of light bleeding. My old af's were like 5 days with a couple of light days with like 3 heavy...

rdy

Before August 2010, I was always 26 days for a week, moderate flows. Then in Sept I had a normal, then Sept 2 weeks later. Then nothing until Oct 8th, then nothing until DEc 25th, and that one was a week, more heavier. Then 2 weeks later in Jan for only 4 days, extrememly light next to nothing. Then Now in May for 2 weeks straight nothing but spotting.

I have no idea whats going on. I have had hpts, blood tests, tested for some hormones. All normal. Having an ultra sound in 4 days, after 3 months of waiting. Hopefully I can have some answers.

yeah, i don't really know if i've always had weird cycles and just never noticed before ttc, and now it's oh so crucial to... well, life...it could just be that i've never paid such close attention to it! but my body is also going nutso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"