Why is it when i sleep...people call

skellysgirl

Reaction score
I have started taking an afternoon nap, so that if the baby comes in the middle of the night i wont be so tired, plus im knackered anyway.

But the moment i start to doze, the phone goes, or someone comes to the door, or everyone decides to start mowing their lawns.
I know its just sods law, but i just feel like yelling go away im tired and you woke me!!!
Weirdly my hubby who knows i like to have a sleep is one of the worst for doing it, and usually asks "just seeing if you managed to get to sleep?"...erm yes i was!!!...not now though.

I have noticed this too. One day I put Bethanie for a nap and thought im just going to drift off on the sofa for a bit. I was feeling so warm, comfy and happy in my new house and then the door went BANG BANG BANG.. my boyfriends grandad! Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy and I want him to feel welcome, but I really didn't want anyone there! Typical eh

I always have an afternoon nap (well since maternity started) and i try to sleep for an hour, same as u i feel so shattered and def need it! Well yesterday and day before upstairs doing DIY so didnt really happen and today is the air show!!!! I feel like telling them all to shut up its my nap time!!!!! lol

I usually unplug the landline, switch off my mobile, and stick a note on the front door saying do NOT disturb.. but even then the stupid bloody dog still finds something to bark at. It drives me MENTAL, and its sooooooooo not fair! I dont sleep at night, and why can I not catch up during the day??

I tell you, this has really made me appreciate those poor people who work night-shifts and have to get their full sleep during the day.. I dont know how they manage it!!

My afternoon nap is getting dangerously close to my morning get up time and my nighttime bed time!

I seem to get up, have breakfast, put lunch on for everyone (a few builders here each day, inc. OH and cousin), have lunch, have a nap, put dinner on, eat dinnner, stack the dishwasher, and got to bed!!

And I'm working from home... oops! Managed a grand totel of 35 minutes of billable work yesterday, and today's not looking good either!

i am in the same boat! I find it really hard to get to sleep and only maybe manage 4 hours a night which is nothing for someone who could normally sleep the 12 hours of the clock. So 3 days of the week my wee girl is in nursery 2 full days and 1 half day and i try and catch up then, but what happens, someone in the building is banging away, the grass is getting cut, someone decided to take the wheelie bins out two days early and of course the phone goes constantly, i look at it and if it isn't the nursery i just leave it! It takes me ages to fall over and if i start gabbing to someone on the phone ill never get back to sleep. Like you said its sods law lol x

I feel your pain!

Another favorite is (sorry if TMI) when you just sat down on the loo!! Hate it! And when they rang once, you didn't answer, they feel an urge to ring straight away again! Don't people get if I haven't answered the first time around it is probably better to wait at least 20 minutes!

I dont do the nap thing but at night i put my phone on silent and people never drop by my house cause i would kill them lol yet every thursday at 8am the stupid garbage man comes than another than a recycling guy shoot me ha

yes my dear...u r right...u have also concious sleep habit like me....and i face the same problem..bc my husband go very early in morning wake up at 4...and after that it takes time to sleep again ...when i sleep phone starts ringing...but if they are not that important calls...off the phone ring...:winkwink:

I know the feeling!!! Fortunately, I have been able to sleep through the ring on my mobile as it is a quiet, relaxing ring anyway. We don't have a landline and if someone rings the doorbell, I just ignore it!!! I know, I am horrible!!! I can't sleep at night but it seems I can sleep better in the afternoon.

And when they rang once, you didn't answer, they feel an urge to ring straight away again! Don't people get if I haven't answered the first time around it is probably better to wait at least 20 minutes!

Yes, everyone has started that too...its like i have ran away they all start panicking..."aw i thought you had gone in to labour"...no just cos i dont answer my phone does not mean you have to ring six times.

I have started getting numerous texts a day saying "you had the baby?"
or "how long now?" i feel like answering "STOP ASKING AND STOP REMINDING ME"
I am actually considering changing my facebook and msn status to
NO I HAVE NOT HAD IT, YES IM GETTING BIG, THERE IS TWO WEEKS TO GO, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

I know the feeling hun. I just can't win :( If I don't contact someone for like a day, they think I've had the baby and not told them. If I text or call, then they get excited thinking that the baby's here and then are disapointed when I tell them there is no news!!!

Oh and I'm with you on the sleep thing too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->