Why is my body so cruel?

Smudgepie

Expecting my 1st!
Reaction score
I'm new here, have lurked for a while but I'm sure i've finally cracked. I don't know why I do it to myself, AF is due in 3 days. We are ntnp and I keep saying it doesn't matter either which way, there is plenty of time... But I'm sure my body is playing with me! My boobs are tender and bigger, I'm bloated and peeing constantly. I don't Want to test and get another BFN like last month just because my body thinks it's funny. Anyone else have the same issues month in month out? I can't rant at anyone else as nobody knows that we're trying! Sorry for the rant x

I've had symptoms like that in the past with my periods. Especially with a more hormonal period. I completely understand where you are coming from. My husband and I aren't officially trying, but aren't avoiding either. You cant help but wonder each month. Its a natural woman thing to do. I say hold on at least 3 more days. At this point it really could go either way. Good luck :)

Thank you for taking time to reply, I don't usually have the symptoms before AF arrives so it's just bloomin annoying that it's started happening now! As I said, sorry for the rant, not the best way to join a forum but I was a little emotional x

I have the exact same by period is due tomorrow and last night i oept waking up to pee and felt sick yesterday. But then agqin part of me thinks just maybe........ always have that thought in my head lol

I've had all sorts of 'symptoms' since we started TTC a couple of months ago and it's crazy-making! Especially since my period has been late every month so far!
I'm convinced my body knows we're TTC and is having a big laugh at my expense...

I guess at least I'm not the only one! Fingers crossed for no AF for you tomorrow and a BFP on it's way! For the rest of us let's hope our bodies behave themselves and stop trying to trick us.

I go through this every month as well. I think that my husband won't believe me when I tell him....'hubs, I think I really am pregnant this time.' it's like the little boy who cried wolf, but I really do think I am every month. It never fails. Right before AF makes her appearance, I start getting the symptoms you were talking about. I think it's a natural thing for all of us ntnp ladies out there. We always say, oh we have time, It will happen when it's supposed to. But I think it all boils down to the motherly instinct in us that tricks our mind into believing we might be. I have already grown to love this forum because we aren't telling anyone we are ntnp yet either. Love that I can read all the posts about similar situations. Hang in there for the next three days. Can't wait to hear the outcome!

One day left til AF is due, have been feeling queasy for most of the day... I refuse to test as I don't want the disappointment of a negative. I have a sinking feeling that AF is going to turn up but late, just to put me in my place! Sarahsmith199 how are you getting on?

I know exactly what you mean! I have had that happen so many times, and then I would test and get a BFN and get AF soon after I tested.
I now have a hard time taking tests bc of that fear of seeing yet another BFN...

I realized later that my pre-AF symptoms changed quite a bit after going off BCP and they became the norm (even nausea!!!)

The crazy thing is that I have a 30-31 day cycle and I am on CD 33 with no AF...but I'm afraid that as soon as I test AF will come
I also actually have almost none of my very many normal pre-AF symptoms...weird but that actually makes me wonder, but I so don't want to see another BFN so I'm holding off...our bodies are just weird!!

I know exactly what you mean! I have had that happen so many times, and then I would test and get a BFN and get AF soon after I tested.
I now have a hard time taking tests bc of that fear of seeing yet another BFN...

I realized later that my pre-AF symptoms changed quite a bit after going off BCP and they became the norm (even nausea!!!)

The crazy thing is that I have a 30-31 day cycle and I am on CD 33 with no AF...but I'm afraid that as soon as I test AF will come
I also actually have almost none of my very many normal pre-AF symptoms...weird but that actually makes me wonder, but I so don't want to see another BFN so I'm holding off...our bodies are just weird!!

Well it's not over until AF shows, but I know what you mean about having a hard time taking tests! In my first cycle TTC I took my first hpt 3 days after AF was due and got a BFN! AF came 9 days late but since then I haven't been near the hpts - just letting AF do the talking!!
Good luck

i can totally understand how you feel i am currently on day 37 of a normally 25 day cycle i was too scared to test also but bit the bullet last night and got a clear blue digital of course it was negative im devastated and feel like giving up i went to the docs this morning and she checked over the blood tests ive been having for the last 13 months and said oh your not ovulating wtf!!! why have you not told me this in the last year i felt like a different person i used to be happy all the time this last 12 months ive been misrable and its put a strain on my relationship so much so that my partner said this morning hes not sure he can handle it any more :nope: so i think my journey has come to an end xx

I'm new here, have lurked for a while but I'm sure i've finally cracked. I don't know why I do it to myself, AF is due in 3 days. We are ntnp and I keep saying it doesn't matter either which way, there is plenty of time... But I'm sure my body is playing with me! My boobs are tender and bigger, I'm bloated and peeing constantly. I don't Want to test and get another BFN like last month just because my body thinks it's funny. Anyone else have the same issues month in month out? I can't rant at anyone else as nobody knows that we're trying! Sorry for the rant x

This same thing happens to me every single month. I want to be pg so bad that its like my body tricks me into believing I have pregnancy symptoms but then I always get a BFN! I can't really vent to anyone either because we aren't sharing to much of our ttc journey with anyone, and my husband is way more relaxed than me and just thinks if it happens great, if it doesn't thats ok too. So when I get so emotional when AF shows up he asks me why I am so upset when we can just try again next month. He doesn't get it that a month feels like an eternity. I have decided that I will no longer take any hpt unless I am a week late for my period. I am tired of experiencing the heart break of a BFN followed by AF. Good luck to you hun :hugs:

Ive spent hours online since we started trying in a vain attempt to explain every symptom and query I have. I think it in fact has made me worse and maybe ignorance is bliss.
Ive wanted this for so long but have only been able to start trying recently due to financial reasons and now im beginning to think this is going to be a LOOONNNG road with no definate outcome.
Im actually tired of thinking about it constantly but cant stop.
If I had a crystal ball and knew at some point it would happen it wouldnt be as bad but the uncertainty is driving me crazy :growlmad:

I think we all need a new hobby to distract us, haha. I'm just going to try and stay busy- this time AF came about 12 days late! ahhh, lol. I was totally convinced I was pregnant and was devastated when she finally decided to show up...I have never been that late before. Oh well! this month I can't handle another agonizing wait, so I'm vowing not to even look at when my AF is due or keep track of my ovulation or anything and I'm going to keep myself busy busy with organizing the house and whatnot! Best of luck to everyone !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->