Why is naming this baby sooooooo hard!!!! Opinions please

Cora - cute, but my father's girlfriend's name is Cora and she's like 100 years old, and I have a friend who named her daughter this, but spelled it Korah. Been hearing this name a lot lately on this forum
Eliza - no
Florence - waaay too vintage for me
Isla - okay, but not crazy about it
Esther - no
Delilah - beautiful name but have a friend who named her daughter this, and it's becoming far too trendy these days
Josie - it's alright but nothing special
Darla - adorable
Penelope - lovely but also too popular lately thanks to Penelope Cruz, Kourtney Kardashian's daughter and a number of other celebrities
Lana - Again, nothing special
Dulcie - awkward
Mabel - too cute, but quite a few celebrities have picked up on it as well
Tess - adorable
Elsa - Not so much
Martha - Please God, no
Caris - very interesting, different, catchy. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones named their daughter this
Violet -great name, but someone, actually many someones, seem to think so too, as it's becoming a favorite of many
Rosie - No

So my faves are Darla, Tess, Mable, Caris and Violet

Dulcie - awkward?

What does that mean

Lol given my name is Esther I'm just loving how many people hate it! I wasn't keen on it as a child but I did love the fact that there was never another Esther in my class at school etc...

I like lots of your names with Cora being my favourite :)

What a beautiful list! They're all wonderful and timeless classics, but I particularly like Florence, Martha, Penelope, Dulcie and Lana.

I think Dulcie and Marella go together beautifully, as does Florence and Marella.

Cora - Nice. I'm not sure of the meaning, but it sounds and looks nice
Eliza - I'm not mad about it but it's ok. Slowly becoming popular
Florence - I like this. I like Florrie as a cute kid nickname
Isla - Ok but popular now
Esther - Not a fan
Delilah - Definitely not a fan. That awful song, and the "l" sounds.
Josie - Love this but I would go with Josephine and Josie as a nn
Darla - Not keen. For some reason I imagine it as a mean teenager!
Penelope - I don't like this. It seems a bit pretentious for some reason, and I think of Thunderbirds.
Lana - Nah, sounds made up
Dulcie - Not keen
Mabel - Not pretty to me
Tess - Same
Elsa - Quite cute but I think "cat"
Martha - I don't like this
Caris - Or this
Violet - Nice but I think "violent"
Rosie - Prefer just Rose

For me your list is better at the top!

With dd 1 we had the name before she was conceived, we named her Marella, which is a family name

With this one we get to choose! I have a list and totally honestly I can't decide between them. I'm worried when she comes we won't be able to choose. It took us a week to name our puppy! Anyway- here's the list, opinions are very welcome :)

Cora
Eliza
Florence
Isla
Esther
Delilah
Josie
Darla
Penelope
Lana
Dulcie
Mabel
Tess
Elsa
Martha
Caris
Violet
Rosie

Cora and Isla are names I love but hubby wanted nothing to do with.... Cora is my favorite.

Wow they're all beautiful! I like Rosie, my name and Eliza is my sister's name. I highly recommend them both. :p

About half of these are on my list as well. I can never pick a name until the baby is born. Sometimes they're born and they just don't look like whatever name you had picked out. For me, I knew my son's name as soon as he was born. Caleb wasn't even on our list but he was definitely a Caleb. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->