why no meat until 6 months?

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so im just wondering why you arent allowed to give your baby meat until they reach 6 months?

i was shopping and looking at the different jars that they sell to see if i could make something similar homemade but most of the stage 1 jars are either fruit or contain meat and say from 4 months plus, a few say 6 months but the chicken etc says 4 months

was just curious

thanks girls

Lou
xxx

I think some meats are hard to digest ...cant spell tday ....maybe a little mince blended well ....pork is the hardest meat to degest xxx

I thought it was no meat until 9 months ?? IDK

I know everyone says diff things, we've had 2 diff pedis between the boys and both said meat around 9mo, but I also read some people say you can actually start solids with plain meat? I chose to hold off on it until we tried all veggies and mixes and fruits before doing any meat at all, I didn't feel they needed it...plus babyfood meatis pretty gross lol I wanted them to be able to chew it up and eat the real thing so that's what we did

I found this for you too...this is a great website about babyfood, how to make it, when to introduce certain things, all that

This is for beef
https://wholesomebabyfood.com/beefbabyfoodrecipes.html

And chicken
https://wholesomebabyfood.com/chickenbabyfoodrecipes.htm

There are more types of meat and fish on there you can look at too

my hv told me i could introduce meat from 6 months? I'm not sure why you not earlier perhpas because their digestive system is still developing. I didn't know about it bein older than 6 months tho? We've been given bits of chicken in pasta and it doesn't appear to have any bad effect.

zane hates eating veg so at 6 months i used the meat jars for 6 months plus and he loves them.

i duno why there is a age limit but i just guess they dont need meat till that age as they get what they need from milk still

i qm just really confused because there are jars that say chicken and rice and veg and cottage pie suitable from 4 months?

i get so confused

Lou
xxx

well i have no idea then lol just stick to the jars with the right age for u lol

i think its because nowadays department of health say no food at all til 6m. i dont get why they changed it from 4-6m. was 4m for absolute donkeys years... it never hurt us lot generally did it? bet heinz are losing millions from it. i was getting all excited in the baby food aisle today eyeing up all the fun food scarlett will be having soon:) (dont trust my cooking for a teeny baby just yet)

my hv said no meat until 6 months and then start with white meat like chicken/fish etc. Then after 7 months introduce red meats like beef and lamb. I agree everything is so confusing! I used to be so excited about weaning but its kind of scared me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->