Why won't my cycles return?

babytots

Reaction score
20 months in now and not a hint of my cycles returning I'm getting so frustrated as it's been a year of us ntnp and was hoping to be pregnant again by now :(

Up until a couple of months ago my lo was feeding when he wanted it and wasn't sleeping through without a feed. I decided to get him in a proper routine and now he's dropped all night feeds and sttn and now feeds mainly for comfort when he first wakes at nap time and before bed. I hope that would be enough for my prolactin levels to drop and my body to get back to normal.

Anyone else in the same boat? X

No advice really, as my LO is only 8 months(no cycles here, hope they don't return for some time!). But some women do not have cycles return until after they fully wean. Sounds like you may be in that category.

No advice really, as my LO is only 8 months(no cycles here, hope they don't return for some time!). But some women do not have cycles return until after they fully wean. Sounds like you may be in that category.

Thanks hun looks like I will be. Never wanted af to return so bad lol. X

Only once have I got pregnant before totally weaning. ( baby was 7 months and very sick in hospital) other than that I have had to wean. Worse still, whilst trying to conceive my youngest I had two miscarriages then weaned and carried perfectly. I really is very effective contraception for some of us :( x

Only once have I got pregnant before totally weaning. ( baby was 7 months and very sick in hospital) other than that I have had to wean. Worse still, whilst trying to conceive my youngest I had two miscarriages then weaned and carried perfectly. I really is very effective contraception for some of us :( x

So sorry for your losses hun. Yes I agree it really is an effective contraception. He's now down to 1 feed a day today he hasn 't had one at all (though he has pestered me to feed him lol). With dd2 my periods returned after about 3 months and ds1 after a year so its really frustrating that I don't even get a hint of my cycles returning. x

Same here! My daughter is 16 months and recently has started sttn and so only feeds first thing in the morning and before bed. I take vitex as I've heard that can help regulate your cycle and encourage fertility to return.
I was planning on starting TTC in the next few months but it looks like my body has other plans x

Same here! My daughter is 16 months and recently has started sttn and so only feeds first thing in the morning and before bed. I take vitex as I've heard that can help regulate your cycle and encourage fertility to return.
I was planning on starting TTC in the next few months but it looks like my body has other plans x

I'm planning on purchasing some vitex too after I have had blood tests done with my doctor (other health issues) I can't ttc for a while due to these issue but I would like my cycles to return so I know once that's sorted I aren't stuck in the limbo I have been in for the past year when hubby agreed to try for another.

I hope our cycles return for us both soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->