Why would my heart rate suddenly be dropping?

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
So as I'm sure many of you know, your resting heart rate tends to go up in pregnancy. I watched mine go up from about 7 dpo until it was higher than pre-pregnancy. But now, over the last few days it's been steadily dropping. Has anyone else had this happen? It's kind of freaking me out. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-075123.jpg
    Screenshot_20170526-075123.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm experiencing the same exact thing! I am also 6w6d pregnant and my HR went from 61 pre pregnancy and peaked at 71 around 13~19 dpo (ie, 4 weeks pregnant), then went down to an average of 67 in 5w, and now it's down to 64 in 6w. It's still not at my prepregnancy resting HR but its getting there. I had an early u/s at 5w6d and we saw a heart beating so I know the initial drop in HR was fine. I have another scan next Tuesday and I'm hoping the little bean is still doing good :)

I've attached my 1 month and 3 month screenshots!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-124840.jpg
    Screenshot_20170526-124840.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20170526-124845.jpg
    Screenshot_20170526-124845.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 4
You must be getting fitter!!!

Koj, it's nice to know it's not just me! I havent had a scan yet, so not knowing makes everything worse.

Dan-o :rofl: Its must be all that dozing on the couch I've been doing! :winkwink:

Brilliant :haha:

My resting HR would be seriously scary, due to the vast amounts of salt and sugary fruit I seem to pack away right now! Maybe I can download an app to check mine in the night, is that when your resting HR is taken?

When's your scan? :flower:

I wear a fitbit on my wrist so that takes my heart rate all day. I was taking antidepressants but started weaning off of them around the time that my heart rate started dropping, and I wonder if the two are related?

I don't get a scan until June 16th, which still feels like a lifetime away. :sad2: I normally don't worry this much since my losses have always been before 5 weeks, but I seriously have no pregnancy symptoms right now.

I wore a fitbit when I was pregnant with my last baby, and I know my heart rate was faster at first, but it wasn't for long. I don't remember when it went back down to "normal" for a while. Definitely in first tri, though. I hope everything is just fine. It's probably because of how much sleeping/resting I was doing. haha

I wore a fitbit when I was pregnant with my last baby, and I know my heart rate was faster at first, but it wasn't for long. I don't remember when it went back down to "normal" for a while. Definitely in first tri, though. I hope everything is just fine. It's probably because of how much sleeping/resting I was doing. haha

Thanks. :flower: I know, I gotta not read too much into it. I don't want to complain about not having symptoms, but it's making me a little anxious, I guess. :winkwink:

I don't have a Fitbit but at the doctor they measure it. Mine went down and I freaked out but all is well ❤️

Mine shot up from ovulation and peaked during the 5th week, it then started going down and then stabilised with small fluctuations. It shot way up again at 26 weeks and turned it out I was anaemic! There is a thread about fitbit use, there are lots of charts in there everyone has seemed to experience this drop around the same time

I just wanted to update this thread in case it comes up in anyone's search later on. I ended up having a missed miscarriage. Based on when everything stopped growing, the miscarriage happened right around the same time my heart rate dropped. It may have been totally unrelated, but I thought I would update anyway.

So much love to you. You're heavy on my heart. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry Spiffy :hugs:

For those reading this in the future, I'm currently 9w and my resting HR is now back down to my pre-pregnancy resting HR (well, it's 1 to 2bpm above what it was but that probably just normal variability). as of 7w3d we heard a healthy heartbeat. I'll update if anything changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->