• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wigs for baby girls!!

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I think this is insane, babies are beautiful with or without hair!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2356673/Baby-Bangs-selling-wigs-bald-baby-girls.html

I've seen this before but it's still funny :lol:

They don't even look a bit real! We always had the opposite problem Lucas is often mistaken for a little girl because of his full head of hair :dohh:

I would never personally put my baby in a wig. That baby in the article is a lot cuter without it imo x

How weird, cant help but think its made more for the baby pagent and beauty comp type market though.

When I used to do family photography in the studio I did a lot of baby and toddler photos and always said to the parent don't try to get them to sit still just let them run around and play and ill get the photos because you will want to remember them as the personality they had rather then a staged set up photo.
I see this as the same way, why would you want a photo to remember your child looking different then how they actually looked (one off novelty pictures in costumes are different) I would rather have something to remind me of how my child actually looked and their personality years down the line, bald head, snot and everything :)

Wow, you'd really have to be the lowest of the low to be so ashamed of your baby's appearance you put it in a wig.

My DD1 could do with one of those. She is still lacking hair at 2!

I was hoping the wigs would be like the ones that girls wear for Irish step dancing!

They look horrible!

I agree Smokey, for a photoshoot I'd rather the child be natural....bald or not. I'd find it odd seeing some professional photos with a baby with 'hair', then sat looking at the bald baby in the flesh.

I wish I had a baby girl so I could buy her a wig:haha:

I've got a baldy and would never put one on her, that would look ridiculous.

I'm not terribly offended by it or anything, though. Just think it's gimmicky and dumb.

It doesn't offend me, but it's not something I would personally do.

Thats definitely a business thats destined to fail. I think most parents want to remember their babies how they were and not with some dragqueen wig on their heads. If people really want to hide a baldy head a cute hat looks much better!

I do sometimes wish Sophia had more hair though just so I could try out different hairstyles! She only grows a little tuff on top at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->