Wildflower's all things Christmasy

wildflower79

Reaction score
This year I've decided we're going to make my girls an advent calendar. I bought them a plain wooden sleigh one each from The Works, which they can paint white and then I've got some different coloured paper to decorate each drawer front and some numbers and embellishments they can stick on. I was going to make them for them, but then thought they'd love to do decorate them themselves, so I'll have to try not to get too OCD with the decorating quality :haha:

I've made a start with a few bits for the girls too. DD1 hasn't asked for her main present yet. DD2 has asked for a rocking horse that turns into a unicorn. I picked up a lovely 2nd hand horse for £15 and have bought a few rainbow hair accessories and a horn to turn it into a unicorn. I hope she doesn't change her mind!

Lists so far. .. Green stuff I've already bought

DD1 (8)

Slime making stuff.... Elmer's, glue, glitter, etc
Usborne write your own story book
Notice board thing for her bedroom
Sweets tube
Makeup brushes

TY Beanie Boo (same birthday one)
History non fiction book

DD2 (4)

Rocking horse
Little Live Pets Fish tank
Claire's makeup book set
Doug the Pug teddy
2x Usborne lift the flap non fiction books
Sweets tube

Stockings -

DD1

Makeup remover doughnut
Fruit winder
Scrunchie

DD2

Fruit winder
Scrunchie
Box of LOL plasters (she likes to use these on her dolls)
Unicorn socks

I'm cutting way back on toys this year, as we have so many they've barely touched. I'm a bit stuck on stocking stuff, but hopefully I'll see some bits.

I haven't really thought about anybody else's presents other than a friend who's getting some nice curry paste packs from this nice Indian shop. Friends kids I think I'll just do books this year.

Great lists. Following as I really want to cut back on toys etc (we have no room)
X

Oh wow, they look amazing!! Well done :) ❤️

The advent calendars look great! What are you going to put in them?

Fab lists!!
So cool that your DD likes Doug the pug too!!

Advent looks amazing, love personalised crafty things!!

The advent calendars look great! What are you going to put in them?

I'm not sure yet. I don't know whether to keep it simple and get a box of Hero's or something or maybe get a mixture of different things, including like little vouchers to choose a craft/Xmas book. I'll see how organised I am at the start of Dec!

DD2 wrote out a list so I've bought her the Lego Friends jungle rescue set, which will be her main present and a guitar. Also got her some walkie talkies that she mentioned a while ago. She's asked for a new LOL OMG, but I thought the last one was expensive at £30, but the new ones are £40!! so I don't know whether to bother with that.

The girls have their birthdays in Jan and Feb too, so I have to save some ideas for then

My MIL was asking what to get the girls, but I wasn't sure what to tell her. I eventually let the kids look through the Smyth's catalogue, which I'd previously hidden and dd1 picked out the Lego friends glamping set and dd2 asked for a Moana toddler doll and some kinetic sand. She likes to get them a few things, but I have no idea what else to suggest other than books

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->