will a breastfed baby sleep in a moses basket for some of the night? and how?

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Newborn is 1 week old and ebf. Ds bf till I was 7mo pregnant and slept in my bed until he was 14 mo. It was tough because he just wanted to feed continuously all night long. Sleep associaitions and bad habits formed from day one because I thought co sleeping would be something he'd just do as a new born but it became our routine. It pushed dp out of our bed and he really didn't want it this time.

Dd is not always wanting boon atthus point and hardly feeds at all at night... Maybe twice... She has spent time in the Moses basket in the data nd will go three hours or so in there in the day. She does fall asleep on the boob at times but usually comes off when she's done. I just want to start as we mean to go on. When she goes into the basket at night she goes down asleep and then wakes up even though I wait until she is deeply asleep or appears to be after half an hour or so. So she has slept on our bed all week but we tried the basket each night at start of night. I sleep quite far from her in the bed so why does she want to sleep in the bed so badly? She sleeps really well in the bed and I get a full nights sleep practically so any advice would be really appreciated. Dummy? Swaddling? Help! Dp getting annoyed at me about the situation I think...

For the first week, we found that baby would wake up every hour in the night in her Moses basket but we kept putting her back in and then about day 6 I decided to swaddle her and she has slept 6 hours pretty much every night since! Newborn babies like to feel cuddled hence why swaddling works!
We did also give her a dummy at night because she was comfort sucking on me and she would have done it all night if I had let her, and man those first few weeks are painful I couldn't bear it any longer when I knew she wasn't feeding and the dummy worked wonders too!

Because your baby has already spent some time in your bed I would try putting a t shirt of yours in with your smell on as a comfort as well!

Edit: when I say 6 hours I mean 6 hours straight from midnight to 5/6/7am!

I would also suggest putting a shirt that smells like you i there to comfort lo.

My son is 10 days old and has slept in his moses basket from day 1. He only wakes at 2.30 and 5.30 to feed. I found swaddling him during the night and not swaddling during the day helps.

Thank you all for your advice. I am finding the swaddling helps although she is doing 6 hours sleep in the Ned with me so that part of the night I just let her get on with it. Im also ill with an infection at the moment so need rest as much as possible so kusttryijg to go with the flow whilst still encouraging the Moses basket

My dd is almost 3 wks and my 5th. We've had a slightly different sleep routine for each baby, but never co-slept when they were itty-bitty. Mostly because I was terrified I'd roll on them. I always would hold them on my chest and sleep in a recliner to get them to sleep. ( so, a version of co-sleeping I guess) . Anyway. With current dd, I have found swaddling at night, and having her in the bouncy seat next to our bed has worked great! She sleeps 5-6 hrs. I was waking her for the first week she was home, ( she was a week in NICU) but dr said she's gaining well, so let her sleep. I think a lot of it is just her personality, but I'm hoping it continues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->