Will a growth scan make my position stronger?

cranberry987

Mum after ttc 16 cycles
Reaction score
Hi

I wanted to ask what you thought about my growth scan on Monday. Im t2 diabetic/GD, they cant really decide which. My levels are well controlled on a daily basis and the average sugar level since 0w pregnant is 5.2 (smack bang in the middle of normal) so Im overly not worried about him being big/disproportionately grown.

Ive been quite compliant so far and gone to all appointments even tho I know theyll upset me as if there was a problem Id feel bad that I had missed it. So Im a bit torn as to whether to go to the scan given that theyre innacurrate etc.

My husband has suggested tho that if we have the scan it might actually make our position stronger. If we refuse then they might work on the assumption that hes big/worst case scenario and start pressuring me even more. If I have it and hes normal size as I suspect he will be - hes not had any extra glucose to feed on after all - then they might let up a bit.

End of the day Im going to do what we've decided anyway so if they want to c section me for an 9lb baby then they can go on wanting that tbh, would just be nice if it was all a bit smoother.

thanks in advance

x

I a nutshell it can also make their position seem stronger too so it's down to if you want to take the gamble that it will go your way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->