will harry catch my cold?

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
morning :flower:
ive caught a cold im hot then cold achy and got a sore throat and cough. im really worried harry will catch it hes only just had his first immunisations and harry cant have calpol till 6 months as sensitivity to paraceatmol runs in my family. im breastfeeding and harry goes everywhere with me so hes already being exposed to it.
has anyone else had a bad cold did yr lo get it ?
thanks xx

hi

im full of cold and have had it since sunday so far my little boy has slightly stuffy nose im hoping it doesnt get any worse.

x

Ruby does usually get my colds, yeah. But I had a horrid throat infection last year which she did not get.

Because you're breastfeeding if he does get your cold then he will most likely get it in a milder form. As soon as you are exposed to the germs your body sends out an anti body straight to your milk to protect your baby so he is already getting your anti bodies and therefore he is already being protected from it :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

I have had a cold these last couple of days, harrison has been a little off side. O had the flu at Xmas and luckily he didn't catch that xxx

I had a really bad cold, was burning up and shivering and Addison didn't catch it, but then it was when he still had my immunity. Harry might be alright, you are most contageous before the cold really kicks in, so if he hasn't caught it yet its a good sign and if you continue to breast feed him he will get your immunity to it.

Unfortunately though to build an immunity they have to catch colds, but knowing that doesn't make us want them to get ill does it.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->