Will i get my money back?

mumoffive

Reaction score
Bought some cushions from next on the 1st December. They arrived the next day. One of the cushions is made of a kind of brushed material. Well im totally unhappy with the way it looks now. It looks matted and shabby and much older despite taking thorough care of it. Can i return it? I think it looks shabby and and awful now. It cost me £18. The cushion is still fit for purpose in the sense its a cushion and does its job but it just looks terrible now..in only 4wks. Will i have a fight on my hands? The faux fur cushions i bought are beautiful and so is a velour one i bought.

I think there return policy is 30 days so they will probably refuse but you could try saying they were a xmas present and you have only been using then a couple weeks? This has worked for me in the past.

Thanks. I mean i would be happy to keep the cushion if it looked like the others. Its just i bought it to freshen up my sitting room and have it look nice for xmas and now i think the cushion looks worse than my old ones!!!

If u don't show the receipt and they have gone into the sale they're give u the sale price or a swap at sale price they should change it though x

It was from the directory and delivered. I would however take it back to the shop or could i send it back with the slip and explain? or am i pushing my luck!!

I might just cut my losses and wash it in a few weeks and see if it looks any better. I wouldnt return it after that though.

I would phone them and ask for an exchange or refund x

I would ring them up and explain the more honest and sincere you are the more likely they are to help. They might just exchange but you could choose something else x

I did this with a cardigan once. It was only from primark but I washed it and it went all horrible bobbly and mis shapen. I took it back not because of the money but because of the principle that I bought something that was ruined after one wash. They let me exchange it but I could tell they thought I was pushing my luck. I would try it back if I was you

Next give you 8 working days to return things.

But they are expected to last longer than a month, so if they have gone tatty I'd take them in and explain how disappointed you are.

Take it back instore and ask them and show them. I've returned stuff around a month old that the colour completely faded out of after one or two washes. Faulty refund instore onto a gift card.

Next's online CS is pretty good. I would be honest with them, email or call them (I think you can fill in a form online to get them to call you) and ask about it. Emphasise that you're a loyal customer and you normally love shopping with them but you feel let down by this one thing. They will probably replace or refund it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->