Will I Love this baby

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
I am so scared I won't love this baby like my 4yo

I stay up all night thinking and feeling guilty.

I'm so depressed thinking I won't love him like my other son. Is this normal?

Please don't judge me I can't help this feeling

Totally normal. I stressed worrying that I wouldn't love my ds#2 as much as ds#1. I just couldn't fathom the idea of loving someone else as much or sharing my love and time and it scares me! But it worked out. While the love can be different as each child is different it is just as deep of a love as my first! Its just a normal worry of a good mother in my opinion. Just being worried about such a thing shows that you care and already love this one so much you are afraid to do something wrong.

I do it too. But I go from worrying that I won't love my daughter as much as my son (2yrs) to worrying that everyone will be so caught up with the new baby (including myself) that my son feels left out or not loved anymore. I'm terrified that I am going to suck at balancing my time and be so busy taking care of and nursing my newborn that I leave my son out. All part of being mommy I figure:flower:

Totally normal! I felt that way, and it was beyond amazing how the min the dr put baby in my arms my heart was filled with so much love I couldn't take it.....! :) it's almost like u love ur first so much u can't imagine loving anyone or anything an ounce more .... But you'll love this baby more than u can imagine, I promise!

Absolutely normal : ) I had more than one meltdown before I had my now 7 week old. I was afraid I couldn't love him as much as my 4 year old, I was worried my 4 year old would be left out, and I was panicked about how we would make it all work.

I am completely and utterly in love with this little boy, and so is our 4 year old. It took a few weeks to settle into a routine, and now I can't imagine life before we were a family of 4.

You'll do great, Mama. Just the fact that you're thinking of these issues shows you have a huge heart and have the best interests of your kiddos in mind. You've got the love to go around, and it will only multiply when your new LO arrives. : )

I'm so glad my feelings are normal. This pregnancy was 100% planned but I haven't bonded with it it all, in fact I feel so bitter about all my aches and pains stopping me from being a 'good mother' it's stopping me from enjoying the kicks and the whole process of pregnancy. I feel so much guilt already, but when I imagine myself staring into the eyes of my newborn, I melt. I need to meet her now x

Oh gosh yes!!! You will love him so much. We all have these worries so don't feel bad.

I didn't think I would ever lovr Sophie like I love Thomas but I do. Oh I really, fiercely do. She has my heart.

I am in tears reading all of these replied. I'm crying with relief. I didn't want to ask anybody or tell anyone out of fear id be called a bad mother.

Thank you all so so much xx

I am in tears reading all of these replied. I'm crying with relief. I didn't want to ask anybody or tell anyone out of fear id be called a bad mother.

Thank you all so so much xx

Big hugs, girl!!! You're obviously a very sweet, caring mommy. : )

Oh! Don't feel bad! Me, too! I am so worried about this second baby. I really wanted another little boy, and here I'm getting a girl, and I'm still not sure how to think. I'm so worried that my 2 year old will feel unloved or left out...

It's so hard being a mommy sometimes. But it's nice to see that all of us mommies think about the same thing and have the same sorts of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->