Will it ever stick given the conditions?

PatriNina

Reaction score
So this is my first month using OPKs. I've been testing every day (following the instructions that the tests came with) since CD10.

Today, CD19, is the first time I got a darker faint line (although still not a positive).

It's 3 PM, but I'll test again around 7 PM. It's very late in my usually 28 day cycle.

Even if I get a positive later today, that means I ovulate on CD 21/22.

That's very late :cry: Will any bean stick in these conditions?

Please share your experiences and/or advice! :cry:

I had a friend conceive around cd40. She has a happy three year old now.

Lol, I only ovulated CD 52 this cycle, so don't worry, CD 21 is EARLYYYY. You are in the clear!
When my period used to be regular I always ovulated on CD 21 around, conceived 3 times on that CD...
I've seen people conceive on CD 60 so I'm not worrying about it anymore!

I'm glad that late ovulation can still be good for little sticky beans :happydance:

But if I have a 28 day cycle, meaning that AF comes on CD 28, and I ovulate on CD 22, than my LP is extremely short! 6 days?

Even so... The OPK didn't turn positive yesterday :growlmad:

So I'll just wait it out until AF comes :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply ladies :hugs:

I have read loads of women ovulating late and getting pregnant

fx for you :)

Just got my positive OPK. It's CD 20. So I'll O on CD 22.

If AF comes on CD 28 I'm going to have a mental breakdown :(

End of rant :(

I'm having the same problem this month, PatriNina. I can't help or offer any advice I'm afraid, but thought you'd like to know you're not alone!

I have 28 day cycle (roughly) and previously tend to ovulate around CD16, which is fine..
But I've had negative OPK's throughout this cycle - except for one questionable positive on CD19, a small temp spike yesterday (CD21) and a bigger temp spike today....! So it's decided to happen later than usual this time :-/

I feel the same as you - worried that luteal phase is too short for anything to happen to have happened in this cycle if AF still comes around day 28, and generally frustrated at my stupid body. I found out in December I have polycystic ovaries and sont always ovulate anyway, so I already hate it, lol

I'm glad that I'm not alone (although I'm sorry you have to be in the same boat as me :hugs:).

This is my first month using OPKs, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I have doubts that exactly the month that I find out when I actually ovulate is the month that I ovulate sooo late.

I'm doing some research on the benefits of taking B6 to lengthen my LP, along with taking a Vit.B complex.

Update me if you have any news this month and thanks for taking the time to reply! :hugs:

Do you temp chart? That is actually a better indicator of when you ovulate than OPK's, I've found it really useful since my doctor told me OPK's are basically a waste of time..!

I'm waiting for my BBT thermometer to arrive, and I'll start charting (but won't get it until mid-March).

I'm just very discouraged :(

Hi ladies don't panic. Your Lp won't be short. The Lp stays the same no matter when you ovulate it will just mean your cycle will be longer

I usually have a 28 day cycle too but ovulate anywhere from cd15-20 & Lp always stays at 13 days the later ovulation just ends up being a 34-35 day cycle & yes have conceived twice with the later ovulations

It doesn't matter when you ovulate, as long as you time BD appropriately. And no matter when you ovulate, your Luteal Phase is always the same so you have as much chance of getting pregnant this cycle as any other.

Well I'm hoping the cycle is longer too, if the O was so late. We're timing BD using SMEP so fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->