Will it happen again?

steele

Reaction score
I'm newly pregnant with my 2nd baby.

With my first, despite my 12 week NT scan coming back normal, at my 20 week scan I was given a 1/10 chance of my baby having a chromosome problem due to an increased nuchal fold. I had an amnio which was cleared and they then told me it could be related to a heart condition. Luckily my son was born healthy with no issues at all however I can't stop worrying that this will happen again. I'm tempted to even skip the scans all together I'm that worried, but then I'm still worried that if I don't have them and something is wrong that could be corrected...

I was just really wondering if anyone knew if it was more likely this would happen again? I intend to discuss it with my midwife at my booking appointment but I'm still worrying now :(

I'm newly pregnant with my 2nd baby.

With my first, despite my 12 week NT scan coming back normal, at my 20 week scan I was given a 1/10 chance of my baby having a chromosome problem due to an increased nuchal fold. I had an amnio which was cleared and they then told me it could be related to a heart condition. Luckily my son was born healthy with no issues at all however I can't stop worrying that this will happen again. I'm tempted to even skip the scans all together I'm that worried, but then I'm still worried that if I don't have them and something is wrong that could be corrected...

I was just really wondering if anyone knew if it was more likely this would happen again? I intend to discuss it with my midwife at my booking appointment but I'm still worrying now :(

I'm sorry you're so worried at the moment.

Talk to your midwife & they will hopefully discuss whether you'll be consultant led, and whether you'll go to fetal medicine for your scans.

Personally, I'd have all the scans offered as at least you'll know what's going on.

I'm going through a difficult time at the moment, and had a cvs which told me baby doesn't have the 4 major chromosomal disorders, but still waiting on full results.

I wish you all the best. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"