Will she wean faster?

SarahBear

Reaction score
I used to pump at work for Violet and she would take a bottle. Now I work from home and while she doesn't always get the opportunity to nurse on demand, I do make a regular habit of offering throughout the day. Either she's going through a phase, or she's starting to nurse less, but either way, I know it's normal. My real question is, if I'm not nursing her on demand and she ends up having to wait for me, am I encouraging her to wean off breastfeeding?

She does nurse a good bit in the evening, particularly on her way to falling asleep and she usually nurses a lot in the early morning hours. Additionally, she usually nurses at night. So, even if there are days where it feels like she doesn't nurse a lot during the day, she will usually nurse at least 3 times while in bed (falling asleep, one waking to nurse, and early morning nursing sessions). I also bed-share and don't restrict nursing at night. I'm hoping this offsets my nursing restrictions during the day so that she can get the full benefits of nursing, opposed to weaning early. I don't want to unintentionally encourage her to wean earlier than she's meant to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->