Will They Let Me?

Tia Maria

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you ladies could help me.

With my last pregnancy my daughter was born by EMCS at 42+1, all because my body didn't labour...despite 3 pessary's, 2 sweeps, waters broken and being on the drip for god knows how long.

I'm now thinking, i don't want to go so far overdue just to end up needing to have another c-section anyway. So i was wondering, if i said i wanted to try and go for a natural labour....would they let me book a c-section for 41 weeks? In the case that my body doesnt go into labour i mean. Kind of like a back up plan? My consultant said he was happy for me to have an elective at 39 anyway...so if he is happy for me to have one would he let me book for when i'm overdue or be like...39 weeks or not at all??

I don't know if i've made much sense but i hope you can understand lol

Thank you in advance and i hope you are all having a happy healthy pregnancy :)

xXx

They will book u in for 39 weeks chick.xx

Ah fair enough....that's one option ruled out then lol

Thanks a lot :)

xXx

They don't tend to give you a back up plan.

A friend asked to wait until 41 weeks but they said no, she had it at 39 or tried for the vbac. She was induced at 42 & had am emcs.

I wanted a vbac with my daughter and was told they wouldnt let me go no more than 2 weeks past my due date. So they gave me sweeps from 39 weeks and when i got to my due date they booked me in for a c section 8 days later and continued doing sweeps to
get me to go into labour on my own. However i never did go into labour and had her by c section. Not sure if this is any help to you or not? :) x

hi hun i had my elective booked for 40+1 as i had a emcs with my first baby as i too failed to labour /progress after all the induction methods! anyway i wanted to try for a vbac but i didnt want to be induced so me and my consultant decided that i would go to my due date and if nothing happened then i would have c-section so i booked mine for 40+1 and sure as hell nothing happened naturally and i had my c-section just ask hun! x

I would ask, my friend has a c section booked for her due date (she hopes to go into labour before!) and another has theirs booked for 40+10, providing there aren't any other risk factors if you want to try for a vbac I can't see why they wouldn't book you in later xx

I have read they won't induce after previous section so may be a pretty viable option anyway? ALL you can do is ask as im sure its one to those things that varies from place to place.

It's totally up to you. They can't 'let you' do something, you can let them. Your body, your birth, your choice.

Heaay
Oh thanks a lot for all of your encouragement and stories it's really helped me and i really appreciate it :)

Ive decided i'm going to tell the consultant i'm going to try for a VBAC and if my body doesnt go into labour then they'll give me a c-section anyway cos where i am they wont induce if you've previously had a c-section.

Thanks again everyone i appreciate it :)

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->