Wind and winding baby

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days, Tristan seems to have had quite bad wind on and off (coming out the lower end not the top end if you know what I mean). He does not seem to burp that much when I wind him after feeding.

Does any of you have tips on successful winding, as I am worried that I am not doing it properly and don't like to see him with an upset tummy.

xxx

I have the same problem... Sometimes I burp her for 10 mins and get nothing but then she is still gassy...

Sometimes if I lay her down for a few mins and pick her up again I can get a burp out.

He may be better at getting his wind up on his own. If Hannah doesn't burp after a couple of minutes I do what Ryder does, lay her down, if she gets fussy than I know she still has wind to bring up, if not I leave her be. As she's gotten older and more wriggly she brings up her burps more on her own now.

They say the best way to burp a baby is with them over your shoulder and make sure there legs are stretched out straight this way there tummy is nice and stretched and they can burp easy ..its worked miracles with max

Grace was very hard to wind to begin with so we used infacol at every feed until only a few weeks ago (she used to bring the whole bottle up as well though) Maybe give it a try?
xx

I use gripe water but TBH if he's settling and trumping it out I wouldnt be too concerned. Hebe farts like a geordie docker!! :rofl:

Hi Poppy!

I find with my Poppy that if you lay her on the floor and gently bring her knees up to her chest one at a time and repeatedly, this helps to release the wind and she'll trump like a good'un! x

J x

we lie Ally over our lap if he won't burp too. But he's always been much more of a farter than a burper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->