Windy Baby Any Advice??

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my little boy is on Aptimol First Formula and recently he has not been going to toilet everyday and he has been getting quite windy and uncomfy and sometimes he wont take a whole feed. He has just managed to go to the toilet after two days which was very messy as u can imagine!! I was wondering wether i should change his formula to an easy digest one?? Something like cow and gate easy digest? Im just a bit worried about changing it, has anyone got any ideas? I would ask HV but I can never get hold of her and she is useless anyway I find out more from asking other mums. My LO is 12 weeks old now. Thanks

i would stick to Aptimal but change it 2 an easy digest one, if u stick to an Aptimal it wont be such a big change, 2days of not having a poo isnt that bad, good luck

Hannah's gone as long as 3.5 days without a poo and been fine. I agree try to stick with the same brand if possible (switching formulas can cause problems if done too often.)

Maybe switch to Aptamil Easy Digest (they have it in boots, the box is white and yellow) and if he is very windy try changing to Dr Browns bottles. We changed bottles before trying changing formula and it solved most of our problems - whereas before she would only take 4oz and be full of wind, now she takes 6oz and is fine :)

Gripe water has always helped my Caitlin with wind even helped her go for a poo! If shes clammed up and we give her that it's always certain she will feel better within a few hours.

Thanks everyone for your advice I went out and bought the aptimol easy digest just to try it as Toby seems to be suffering a bit more with his wind then usual and I also got some gripe water that I will try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->